• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Your Top 10 Must Haves

spankone

no grails just a bit more idea of direction

more vintage

more sword hands

less date windows

less quartz

more regulators

more 24 hour watches

less plastic/rubber (except z22 on me seiko which i like for some strange reason)

more leather straps

less acrylic

more sapphire

less chronographs

might try a gmt - (god knows why though as i live in GB)

ask me again tomorrow and we'll see what has changed.

if i had to pick one then the sm300 perhaps or something of that ilk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many I'd love to own but I would'nt say I've got got 10 must haves.

However, I'd love an IWC 3717 but probably won't ever own one, I've always loved the Sinn Arktis too and I will be owning one shortly as I placed an order for one last week, it won't be long now :grin:

Edited by Ricster

I'm not really looking for anything at the moment, with the possible exception of the Corum Golden Bridge, but they are out of my price range. :(

Not my kind of thing at all, but I can appreciate the workmanship. Probably a silly question, but have you watched this vid on YouTube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdmoGoh3ck

Pretty amazing stuff.

I think I'd also go with the Sinn U1 - nice to aim for something that's just about achievable, rather than pining away for something I'll never get!

Grail for me is the Rolex Milgauss I'm sorry to say as I can't see myself ever being able to afford one....

More realistically one of the Omega Aqua Terra Railmaster models - I like the blue hands but am not sure if there was ever one of those with blue hands in the largest of the case sizes.

New to the forum but learning fast about watches and can't tell the difference (yet) betwen the good, bad and ugly.

As an engineer I am drawn to mechanical ingenuity quality and elegance so the most important thing for me is the designer and manufacturer of the movement. I like to see what's in there so glass back are great! As for all the smoke and mirrors (and inflated prices) that brand managers drum up for companies who just make the cases that leaves me cold I'm afraid.

So my current Ideal would be the best auto movement I can get in a simple case at the best price unbranded. I just don't know what that is yet!

Seiko 35SQ Astron (own it)

Omeaga Constellation F. Piguet MecaQuartz 1270 (own it)

Rolex Oyster Quartz (own it)

Rolex Daytona Pauls Newman (own it)

STURMANSKIE FIRST WATCH IN SPACE April 12 1961

Louis Cartier 1904 Santos Dumont OR 1933 Pasha aw heck Both

Vacheron Constantin Tour de l’Ile, 250th anniversary edition

Patek Philippe Model 2499 though not a wristwatch Henry Graves Supercomplication (1932)

Blancpain's world record breaking Calibre 25 tourbillon

FORTIS 1998 Automatic Chronograph with integrated mechanical Alarm. Patent EP 0806712.

Whats the top 10 watch must haves money no limit.

Not in order of priority, but here is my current "real world" wish list

Anonimo Polluce or Anonimo Sailor Diver

Bell & Ross - BR03-92 or Bell & Ross - BR03-94

Damasko - DC67

IWC - Flieger Chrono 370603

IWC - Porsche Design Titanium - Ocean 2000

Omega Seamaster Professional Chrono

Omega Speedmaster Professional - 3573.50.00

Panerai - Luminor GMT PAM 00244 or Panerai - Luminor Power Reserve PAM 00241 or Panerai - Luminor GMT PAM 00159

Stowa Antea 390

Hmmm, can't think of 10, but I do fancy:

:) a mint, white-faced, WWII, Kriegsmarine wrist-watch.

:) a PVD Rolex Submariner (you know, a Pro-Hunter or Bamford & Sons custom job).

:) IWC Flieger MkXV, oh and throw in an Aquatimer while were talking about IWCs.

:) a nice, vintage, Omega dress watch of some sort; maybe one of those ss-dialled tanks from the 1930s.

So that's about £15k worth. Perhaps this thread should be called 'top ten can't affords' :(

Watches I would like to have:

IWC Portuguese Minute Repeater

IWC Portuguese Chronograph

JLC Reverso Duo

JLC Atmos

Breitling for Bentley Mk VI

Breitling Navitimer

Vintage Breitling Premier

Vintage Rolex or Tudor, an early 60's Submariner?

more RLT's

but I'm very happy with the watches I got, especially the Breitling Premier and the Jaeger-leCoultre Master Grande Taille :) :lol: :wub: