• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
ill-phill

Elektromechanical Luch Accuracy

A Month ago I had the opportunity to get a second super-rare Luch 3045.

When I have two identical pieces I sometimes dare to wear one of them :)

It was on my wrist for approximately five days and was lying around for about another two weeks. In nearly three weeks I had only +1 Second.

I never expected that elektromechanical watches work so precise

For me this is still more a mechanical piece far away from a quartz watch, is there an expert who can give me a plausible explanation for such an amazing accuracy?

Phil

luch-3045.jpg

Ooooo...very nice Phil :thumbsup: ....one that is missing from my collection. Mind you, that Luch looks to be an exact copy of the Junghan 600, the first German electronic movement (below).

I've always found these well-serviced transistor-controlled movements highly accurate. The ESA Dynotrons are just as good.

Wedgefield%20Electronic%20600.11.jpg

:thumbsup: What Paul said! Out of interest where did you source them? and cheeky - price bracket? Want one, oh :yes:

Ooooo...very nice Phil :thumbsup: ....one that is missing from my collection. Mind you, that Luch looks to be an exact copy of the Junghan 600, the first German electronic movement (below).

When you said that, I just had to look it up on Doensen:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~doensen/h2.html

Junghans 600

Around the same time that ESA marketed its movements, Junghans produced the '600.00' model in 1967, the first German transistorised wrist watch. The different calibers are:

100 This caliber has never been used in a commercial watch, only in a few solar clocks: the 'Junghans Ato-Lux'.

600 'Ato-chron'. After the experience with transistorised clocks such as 'Atomat', 'Atovox', 'Atophon' and 'Atolux', Junghans started the sale of the Ato-chron in 1967. Caliber 600.00 without day or date. 10.000 pieces were produced from 1966 until 1968. 'Atochron' (cal. 600.10), 30,000 pieces produced from 1968 until 1970. 'Datochron', (cal. 600.12). In 1970, a model with date and with a very interesting new amplitude-stabilisation reached the market. A chronometer version was also manufactured with a case made out of gold, white gold or goldplated metal. Also sold by Halcyon were Inter-chron, caliber SU 6012 , and by Sheffield. Approximately 100,000 pieces produced from 1969 until 1975. The model without date exists in two variations: 600.30 with a normal and 600.31 with slightly higher motion work.

The Russians made a very good imitation of the Junghans 600: the 'Tegrov' or 'Luch 3045'. Unfortunately, the history of the 'Slava 5338' is largely unrecorded.

All the Russian watches were exported by V/O Technointorg, Moscow under the brandnames: Poljot, Slava, Raketa, Wostok, Zarja, Luch and Chaika.

It's worth pointing out that Doensen's work is not without errors e.g. elsewhere he refers to the Slava Transistor as 'Kamertoni' as a model name rather than a descriptive term (Kamerton = Tuning Fork), and once mistransliterates Chaika as Yanka. In this particular passage he mistakes Tegrov as a Soviet brand, when in fact it was a Swiss company with no known Soviet connection. And that enigmatic reference to a Slava 5338 may be a misreading of a serial number as a calibre ID. The first two digits of a Soviet calibre denotes the diameter. 53mm would make it too big for a watch and thus out of scope for Doensen's book.

Paul, any idea about this Inter-Chron SU 6012?