• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Nice But 2 1/2 Grand Worth?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's beautiful but perhaps the seller is slightly overzealous in his pricing.

I know Jon sold his 6159 Tuna (same movt?) which was advertised on the forum for about £1k but that was about 6 months ago now. Fair to assume that prices have risen but that does seem a lot.

I don't know enough about this model to comment much on the price but I know I want it :D

Edit: I believe one in good nick went on ebay about 4 months ago for around $3k which would have been around £1.5k at the time. £/$ has changed a lot since though.

Edited by mjolnir

Hmmm... you see Jon. I'm trying to distract myself away from that Samurai...

An astounding amount of cash. I'm a massive Seiko fan but can it really be worth more than the Omega Moon Chrono he's also selling? Suppose it simply depends what you're willing (or more to the point able)) to pay for it.

I'm more interested in Jon's Samurai...

:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

I dunno, I'd say this one was probably worth four figures... just not those particular four figures.

It's a serious bit of watch but the seller needs to be a bit more realistic imo.

TBH i would look on SCWF before buying this one......they come up from time to time :D

Guest Timetraveller

I dunno, I'd say this one was probably worth four figures... just not those particular four figures.

It's a serious bit of watch but the seller needs to be a bit more realistic imo.

TBH i would look on SCWF before buying this one......they come up from time to time :D

Good tip Shawn seikomanaia ;)

ok, i like seiko watches. i own a couple.

i like this one. 360112053277 you know where...

but that's a lotta wedge yes / no ? assuming its legit of course ...

thoughts anyone ...

:nuke:

its alot of money but i guess the seller is maybe just taking a punt to see if he gets any bites at the hook.

the guy must have some idea of what hes doing because hes got thousands of feedbacks on the back all from watches and a high rating.

maybe its part of his pricing strategy on this one.

sometimes the higher you price things the more attractive they are.

That's the watch the modern Marinemaster's styling is based on - I suppose it's a bit of Seiko history - when was the last time you saw one for sale? Due to its rarity, & collectibility, I suppose the seller thinks he can ask what he wants for it but it'd have to be a rich, & committed, Seikophile I think who pays that much!!

:)

1500-2000 I say :D

That's the watch the modern Marinemaster's styling is based on - I suppose it's a bit of Seiko history - when was the last time you saw one for sale? Due to its rarity, & collectibility, I suppose the seller thinks he can ask what he wants for it but it'd have to be a rich, & committed, Seikophile I think who pays that much!!

:)

hopefully not jumping in on anyone but theres another ,maybe similar(i prefer the look of this one personally)one on pleebay and so far its alot cheaper.

also in the sellers listing have a look at the grand seiko vfa apparently very rare and soughtafter also very nice platinum patek .370125944152.

jason.

ok, i like seiko watches. i own a couple.

i like this one. 360112053277 you know where...

but that's a lotta wedge yes / no ? assuming its legit of course ...

thoughts anyone ...

:nuke:

I wouldn't pay that for that!!

Its too old and theres no prestige.

You can grab a nice rolex for that cash :drool:

• 4 weeks later...

Its difficult working out the value of a high end rare Seiko, because I don't think any of us really know's what Japanese collectors are willing to pay, and the high price of Seiko's could simply be a reflection of a much stronger Yen

Its difficult working out the value of a high end rare Seiko, because I don't think any of us really know's what Japanese collectors are willing to pay, and the high price of Seiko's could simply be a reflection of a much stronger Yen

Good point. I guess it's hard for us to appreciate the Japanese lust for Seiko - maybe Thian can bring us up to speed!

And yep, the exchange rate can't be helping :huh: