• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Like A Rolex But Not

retro72

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a watch and clock fair a while ago and I saw a stall that was selling watches that were like Rolex, but not. The name of the watch escapes me. They were not fakes and the name was something like RLX or something. Anyone any idea what im on about ????

Sorry youve lost me ,no idea mate :huh:

You are probably referring to RXW, who made "homages" of various Rolex models including the Explorer I, "orange hand" Explorer II, and submariner. However I think they ceased trading a few years ago.

The original RXW Rolex "homages" were produced by Takeshi Sato of Ken Trading of Tokyo. They were built with acrylic crystals, good quality cases and crowns and powered by a nicely finished and adjusted Swiss ETA 2824-A2. They were assembled at the Ken Trading showroom in the Ginza district and came beautifully packaged. Each model was only manufactured for a very short run, and they are themselves now quite scarce and, for a homage, much sought-after (especially the Explorer I) and command relatively high prices.

However most of the "RXW" subs and Marina Militaires that are seen now on eBay and elsewhere on the internet are in fact fakes of the original RXW "homage" which are probably assembled in the same factories as the Rolex fakes. Components and assembly of these is highly questionable.

Unless you know it has a cast-iron provenance (something of a contradiction in itself for a "homage" I know) I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. :nono:

Wow hotmog. Thanks for the info.

Cant affor a "proper" Rolex so they would have done me for knocking about in.

Any Omega " Homage" watches ;)

Alphas

ALARM!!!

ALARM!!!

TAKE COVER!!!

AIR RAID IMMINENT!!!

EVERY BODY TO THE THE SHELTERS!!

SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

WOMEN & CHILDREN FIRST!!!

CartersAndrewPollard.jpg

flak2.jpg

Edited by mach 0.0013137

My advice would be to stay away from homage watches altogether especially alphas :nono:

For around £100 you could get a great seiko which is good quality. Buying a homage watch or replica never looks or feels the same as a genuine brand watch and in my opinion a total waste of money exept marina militares maybe :lol:

Well.... this thread inspired me to wear my blue dial Alpha again today, and I was impressed again by what a nice watch it is.

Big solid screwed link bracelet, solid case, reliable movement that keeps good time, and looks very good.

My idea of an excellent thirty quid watch!

I have five or six Alphas, including the chronographs, and I've never had a duff one yet.

Whilst I accept that you generally get what you pay for, I feel that in this case you get more then you could expect!

IMO.

alphasub.jpg

alpha1-1.jpg

alpha1.jpg

(Mind you, this cost £100, and is even better...)

okeah-4.jpg

Alphas

ALARM!!!

ALARM!!!

TAKE COVER!!!

AIR RAID IMMINENT!!!

SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

CartersAndrewPollard.jpg

flak2.jpg

First alarm model ive seen ,looks a good size :thumbup:

I've got the Alpha Explorer - in fact I've got two (me, a half bottle of Mr. Jameson's finest and I.T. - don't ask!!!). The only thing detrimental thing I can say is that the bracelet is predictably poor. I've got one on a black leather RLT extra long strap and it really looks a lot better. Timekeeping is stupidly good at the price point, approx +5 secs a day.

To be honest the whole 'anti-Alpha' thing reeks of snobbery to me. Nobody castigates Roy over the RLT69. Nobody castigates Eddie from TZUK over some of his watches which tend to look very similar to better known makes, and nobody has a go at Mr. Wajs even though his divers do tend to look just a teeny bit submariner-ish. Alpha watches always have the Alpha logo and trademark very prominently placed on the dial so no-one can accuse them of being fakes or copies. Just accept them for what they are - excellent value for money, attractive watches that everyone can afford, not just the wealthy among us.

Alphas

ALARM!!!

ALARM!!!

TAKE COVER!!!

AIR RAID IMMINENT!!!

SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

CartersAndrewPollard.jpg

flak2.jpg

I promise to say nothing