• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Barryboy

Things I Will Never Do Again As Long As I Live

Never try to catch a :spider: from the ceiling with a feather duster, the bu@@ers only escape!  

Wear denims, never worn them since I was about 12.  

I'll never care about what people think of me, if they don't like my eccentricity that's their problem. 

Wear white socks.  

Use bleach when wearing my favourite shirt, not a good combination.  

Embark on a tour of Europe in a TR7 with a large tent on the boot rack and the poles behind the seats.

Attempt to hitch-hike up the Norwegian coast.

Weekly commute from Birmingham to Geneva.

Sing in public.

Eat freezing cold raw tuna.

Cook Christmas dinner under the influence of two pints of bitter, a shot of mysterious apple brandy and most of a bottle of white wine.

• Like 1

Ride a motorcycle in my underpants at 100mph plus on New years day -5 C, for a bet. :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, rolexgirl said:

Get drunk on cocktails :cocktail-glass:all that sugar and alcohol :wacko:

Especially after tapas and a bottle of Tempranillo :nono:

Ride through Libya and Syria on a motorcycle. :(

Spend days cutting, splitting and stacking firewood. 

Spend hours mowing grass. :yahoo:

Edited by WRENCH

Get married, happy with who tied the knot with all those years ago. :woman-dancing:

None of that she/he who must be obeyed sh!te either. Some of us just get on.

Mind you, I was forced to buy one of these. Which I never liked. Went to Glasgow to buy a helmet that was all. Kept the bike 6 months.

sport-1000s-2.jpg

Lost around £2k. If I'd kept it i would have doubled my money in ten years.

20 hours ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

Use bleach when wearing my favourite shirt, not a good combination.  

You're not supposed to drink it. :huh:

• Haha 1

Stay in a caravan. Had a week in the 'in laws' van and after a couple of days was fed up with walking around sideways with hunched shoulders to avoid hitting the various fitments and fitting through impossibly narrow doorways, sitting on the most uncomfortable seats ever and don't even get me started on the chemical toilet. Never, ever again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Q.Lotte said:

Lick a battery.

Actually, I quite like licking a 9 volter....not to be confused with the Viz definition of this term....:laughing2dw:

On 01/03/2009 at 20:58, Barryboy said:

There are some experiences in life that are so bad that I have decided that I will never do them again as long as I have a hole in my arse:

• Do a parachute jump (brilliant, but bloody terrifying!)
  • Do a bungee jump (same reason as above)
  • Drink tequila (Passed out on a friend's sofa, and when I woke up in the morning I had blood pouring down my face from a cut forehead, and I'd been sick on myself...)
  • Drink Bacardi at an "all you can drink" party... (similar reason to above, but with less blood and more sick!)
  • Holiday in Tunisia (a dump)

There are probably a few more, but that will do for now :yes:

Edited by Davey P
double post.......
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Stay in a caravan. Had a week in the 'in laws' van and after a couple of days was fed up with walking around sideways with hunched shoulders to avoid hitting the various fitments and fitting through impossibly narrow doorways, sitting on the most uncomfortable seats ever and don't even get me started on the chemical toilet. Never, ever again.

+1 Actually paid to stay in one in France, might have been Eurocamp. Worse than a tent.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

+1 Actually paid to stay in one in France, might have been Eurocamp. Worse than a tent.

Probably the worst bit was when the F-I-L asked me if I'd like to accompany him to the ablution block to empty the Elsan. As most normal people were avoiding the place like the plague because of the egregious stench and swarm of flies resembling biblical descriptions, I politely declined. Lucky, really....at least I held on to my breakfast....most didn't and left wildly heaving....

At the end of the day, you don't go on holiday to $h1t in a bucket...and then have to empty it yourself...a proper flushing toilet is the least you should expect...Greece take note...I don't expect to put my used toilet tissue in a stinking bin by the toilet because your sewer system can't handle toilet paper... this is the 21st century...get it sorted!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Lived in one when working away from home, Carlight Continental. Luxury. Still would. My nephew works in London and has one of these on a farm somewhere. Holiday in a trailer with the in-laws, never.

DM7135-kpboomvj.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Lived in one when working away from home, Carlight Continental. Luxury. Still would. My nephew works in London and has one of these on a farm somewhere. Holiday in a trailer with the in-laws, never.

DM7135-kpboomvj.jpeg

Ours was more like this...with 4 of us trying to live in it....and I don't know why 'er indoors is smiling....probably because I had to sleep under it.....

Image result for caravan

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Ours was more like this...with 4 of us trying to live in it....and I don't know why 'er indoors is smiling....probably because I had to sleep under it.....

Image result for caravan

Hope you all ate plenty of beans.