• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

To Many Watches ?

Andy

I have about 30 or so watches, most of which never see the light of day.

I keep saying to myself after each one I buy, Thats it, no more, but I invariably see something I must have soon afterwards.

I don't even rotate mine.

I just buy them and put them away like a squirrel hoarding for the Winter.

I have a couple of watches I wear regularly so what is going on.

Is this a disease.

Do we have anyone qualified who can make a diagnosis of this behaviour.

I have other interests and hobbies but none as compulsive, in terms of buying, as watches.

How many watches do you have and do you think it's to many.

About 28.

Have you sold your Omega SMP?

Some I don't seem to wear at all.

Two I wish I'd never bought, and probably never will wear.

It's a form of obsessive compulsion, fuelled by a genuine liking/passion for watches.

I almost, but not quite, have/had a similar passion for guns and knives, but I've had to put a brake on that, as it was getting out of hand.

I think I'm going to limit my watches to a max. of 35' ish!!

At least watches are harmless, as well as interesting!

I was going to buy it for my son but when I got back to Andy he'd already outed it <_<

Talk about fast turnaround, put me to shame! :lol:

Only joking Andy.

Cheers,

Neil.

I have twelve watches. which ,for me, is just nice,Including a few pocket watches which started my interest in watches.

They seem to fall into two groups

The scruffy ones that I wear all the time and the shiney ones that only come out at night after everyone else is in bed.

I have went off pocket watches completely, probably because you can only use them if you are going to a fancy dress party.

I find it is hard to dispose of watches that are out of favor. Ebay is probably the place but I have never sold stuff there. All the registration and setting up is a bit of a barrier to me.

It would be nice be able to dispose of the junk and complete my wish list.

a seamaster 300 or tudor sub and speedmaster,which will be new or very nearly new. will complete my collection.

I dont really see myself as a serious collector, more a hoarder of good kit.

I've got over 100, but less than 200. I've never really counted. I tell myself that since I'm unemployed I won't buy any more, but I still find myself looking. Hopefully I can resist the temptation. I've sold a few here and there, but even ones I haven't worn in years I can't bring myself to sell. What can I say? I'm sick!