• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
foztex

Hummer Tennis Ii The Sequel!

I don't know enough tennis terminology, so...

*Grunt*...

DSC_0079_zps890824b0.jpg

Movado Zenith (or Zenith Movado, if you prefer) Xl-tronic. Grey Guilloche dial, vintage Seiko strap.

This one languished in my 'projects' bin for a couple of years after I picked it up as a bargain. It was a runner, but came with a very poorly fitted replacement crystal.

In storage in the meantime, one of the coils died and I've failed miserably to find an appropriate crystal (who'd have thought it would be this hard to find a crystal for a fairly plain hummer?)

Recently expertly repaired by Paul with a coil from a NOS 9164 donor movement and NOS 4 o'clock 9162 date wheel (not easy to find) out of my parts box, and a domed crystal from Paul's (the only one that would fit).

With the parts cost (particularly that coil - it was working before I put it away :taz: ), it hasn't ended up being quite so much of a bargain.

I do like this dial though - the pictures don't do it justice. The guilloche effect really pops under bright light.

Edited by Who. Me?

I know I should wait until I've taken better pictures, but *fore* :D ...

DSC_0084-001_zps177356f4.jpg

New (to me) gold plated Accutron Spaceview circa 1970. The low-light camera phone picture doesn't do this one justice either. It's very clean. Need to get a better strap though, this was the only one I had lying around that fitted.

Edited by Who. Me?