• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Zeitner Commando (dont Laugh)

:dummyspit: I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the said watch,I have moved on since then, I now own a seamaster crono and a TAG Carrera automatic. but when I used to wear the Zeitner I did get a lot of good comments from people I was just wanting to know the thoughts of more experienced watch owners and those in the trade, I have recently had the zeitner serviced and to say its been worn hard over the last 13 years it I think has proved a good buy :D

Guest avidfan

my dad bought one about 10 years ago, they were advertised in a newspaper or magazine. i remember him liking it but after about a year he sold it a bought a seiko chronograph! so maybe that says something...

I actually bought one - their Antarctic Chronograph (before I knew better) I think it was called. Really abused that watch, but the chronograph stopped working after a few years. I contacted the firm & then sent the watch in for repair. As they did not have the part they told me to choose any watch from their catalogue as a free replacement, I choose (stolen pic):

001d_1.JPG

Which my father has worn constantly for >5 years, battered but still alive.

There are far better watches out there, but their CS was excellent.

I had a Krug Baumen for 7 years before I retired.....it had 4 battery changes and never failed me.

At the same time I bought a Speedmaster Reduced (auto) for best and that went back to Omega 4 times in the first 6 months...the Omega was a BAG of CRAP

Roger

Edited by Roger

We need pics... Ive no idea what youre on about... :/

Not a great picture, but a picture nonetheless:

Commando.jpg

i had this exact model that i bought from the carboot sales for three quid, it needed a battery and crystal, i replaced the battery, the crystal had a very small hole in the edge but still, it worked for a while then started to stop at the same time every night (around 11pm but strangely not at 11am :huh: )

the case and bracelet were very chunky and to my eyes was of a very sturdy construction, i think i still have it somewhere and would consider another if it wasn't for the HUGE price tag :lol: :lol:

i recall them being advertised at some ridiculous RRP (£500?? or something similar) but direct to you for a lot less :D

john :)