• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
watchnutz

Another Very Rare Timex

I just got this 1980 US Olympic Team quartz/balance watch today. It had the original Timex A cell in it but no leakage. It fired right up with a new 357. There is some mystery as to whether these were for the athletes at the winter games in Lake Placid or the summer games in Moscow that several countries, including the US, boycotted. I had been told originally they were for the summer games and were never issued.

Whatever the case you don't often see them.

358596029.jpg

Another nice find Bill like the dial on that one. I suppose that is one of the later quartz movements, are you going to show us some pics the movement

Another nice find Bill like the dial on that one. I suppose that is one of the later quartz movements, are you going to show us some pics the movement

He will - it's already on the Timex Forum :)

4 years earlier they did this one, it is a ladies and in top condition

timexelectric.jpg

Interesting! Would you know if it's for the Winter Games (Innsbrück) or the Summer Games (Montreal)? That's what Bill ( and myself for that matter :) ) is trying to research.

Great watch - looks to be in minty condition!

Here is the movement. What is different from other Timex quartz/ balance is that the circuit board is mounted vertically . It appears that this movement was used in 1980 watches.

358616183.jpg

4 years earlier they did this one, it is a ladies and in top condition

timexelectric.jpg

Interesting! Would you know if it's for the Winter Games (Innsbrück) or the Summer Games (Montreal)? That's what Bill ( and myself for that matter :) ) is trying to research.

Great watch - looks to be in minty condition!

My guess is the summer games, the winter games where in February, the watch was made in 1976, i would think if they had been for the winter ones the date would have been a 75?

It is in superb condition - unmarked except for the battery cover, it still has the original sealant around the case back, it does not run, i am unsure of the correct battery.

Paul D