• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Help With Seiko Identification

johnboy24

I can't answer your question on 7T34's, as such, but I can confirm that there appear to be numerous anomolies in Seiko's cal./model case-back stampings.

Since I started collecting 7A38's, I have seen several examples of this - most recently a two-tone 7A38-728A which to all intents and purposes was EXACTLY the same watch as identical appearing 7A38-7289's which I'd seen previously.

There also appears to be much 'crossover' in the marking of other 7280's and 7289's (and other models in the 7A38 range).

In fact, I asked a very similar question (specific to the 7A38-7270) in one of my very first posts:

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?s...st&p=404997

I have 2 of this particular (exactly the same model) Seiko 7A38 - but both mine are marked 7A38-7270.

Could the OP have made a typo with his original subject, or are Seiko model numbers more complicated than I'd thought ?

Is there a table of what these Seiko 7A38 model variations signify to be found anywhere ?

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

I can't answer your question on 7T34's, as such, but I can confirm that there appear to be numerous anomolies in Seiko's cal./model case-back stampings.

Since I started collecting 7A38's, I have seen several examples of this - most recently a two-tone 7A38-728A which to all intents and purposes was EXACTLY the same watch as identical appearing 7A38-7289's which I'd seen previously.

There also appears to be much 'crossover' in the marking of other 7280's and 7289's (and other models in the 7A38 range).

In fact, I asked a very similar question (specific to the 7A38-7270) in one of my very first posts:

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?s...st&p=404997

I have 2 of this particular (exactly the same model) Seiko 7A38 - but both mine are marked 7A38-7270.

Could the OP have made a typo with his original subject, or are Seiko model numbers more complicated than I'd thought ?

Is there a table of what these Seiko 7A38 model variations signify to be found anywhere ?

well, in the 6309 world, the last number 6309-7040 and the 6309-7049- the NINE seems to be the model slated for the USA. The #0 is seen as models made for everywhere else.

So, the final 9 could also mean that model was made for the USA only, with no other apparent difference.

well, in the 6309 world, the last number 6309-7040 and the 6309-7049- the NINE seems to be the model slated for the USA. The #0 is seen as models made for everywhere else.

So, the final 9 could also mean that model was made for the USA only, with no other apparent difference.

So I wonder what the significance of the last digit of the model - '0' or '9' (being most common) being replaced by 'A' is ? :huh:

Compare for example these two 7A38's recently sold on eBay - in the USA:

7A38-728A item # 150332039775 and 7A38-7289 item # 150333270192

(My own watch, which came from eBay in the States (NIB) is also stamped 7A38-7289.)

Noting also the OP's original question:

Is the Seiko 7T34-6A0A in the same model range as the Seiko 7T34-6A09?
Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

• 11 years later...

Hi folks, just joined the forum and I have a question regarding Seiko model numbers.

I still have my 6309-7049 Divers that I purchsed in the Bahamas in 1979. I dont know whether the watch was destined for the US specifically, or world market.

What I do know is the day ring has both English in black and Spanish in red which I thought was intersting, was this a standard configuration from new?

Thanks for any feedback, (I hope to post a photo when I can figure out why google photo URL wont load!)

IMG_20210119_102625__02.jpg?ixlib=react-IMG_20210119_102637__01.jpg?ixlib=react-