• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
MarkF

Missing Members

@Iceblue, @Redwolf, @Stan, @ong every one of us has the opportunity to start new posts, so why not start some that cultivate what you would like to see happening, and I mean that in a positive way. My interest prior to joining was the Russian section, which is now all but dead, I've tried posting in it but get (mainly) ignored, whereas if posted in the general discussion section, always get a response, figure that one. As in most walks of life, folks tend to go with the flow, if things need a change, its always better to do it from within, rather than turn your back and "walk". Just my opinion of course.:)

• Like 9

3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

@Iceblue, @Redwolf, @Stan, @ong every one of us has the opportunity to start new posts, so why not start some that cultivate what you would like to see happening, and I mean that in a positive way. My interest prior to joining was the Russian section, which is now all but dead, I've tried posting in it but get (mainly) ignored, whereas if posted in the general discussion section, always get a response, figure that one. As in most walks of life, folks tend to go with the flow, if things need a change, its always better to do it from within, rather than turn your back and "walk". Just my opinion of course.:)

as you have ive tried starting threads but nothing seems to work so ha ho

12 minutes ago, Iceblue said:

as you have ive tried starting threads but nothing seems to work so ha ho

Keep trying. :thumbsup: I will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I can see how awkward this could become , because the Trolls that did that with me , in a couple of instances are "respected" members here. So its a fine line I understand. Life is too short to post and soak up insults so I can genuinely see why this issue is being talked about

The only person talking about the above is you.

To the point you are repeating yourself ad nauseam and it appears it's only purpose is to be provocative. Not quite sure why you feel the need to do that or what you think it is going to achieve?

But it's unpleasant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Starting a new thread usually gets sent to the second and third page quite fast due to threads like “how many hands” is it enough” ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fml please for the love of god stop flooding the forum with these pointless questions, and I blame the other members for quite simply perpetuating the madness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Starting a new thread usually gets sent to the second and third page quite fast due to threads like “how many hands” is it enough” ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fml please for the love of god stop flooding the forum with these pointless questions, and I blame the other members for quite simply perpetuating the madness. 

Had a bad day :hmmm9uh:

Bless!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

There are a lot of threads/posts further down the forum subsections that remain all but unanswered, which is a shame. Its almost like no one leaves the top of the ladder. 

Also there is so much easily obtainable information via the net, a lot of forums have evolved into a more "social" format, which isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I've been a long term member of an engine tuners forum, it started off as a bunch of enthusiastic "garden shed tuners" having a laugh and exchanging failures and success and how not to achieve the failure's, now its the domain of talkers of techno babble, who achieve nothing, and its no fun.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

There are a lot of threads/posts further down the forum subsections that remain all but unanswered, which is a shame. 

Yet oddly enough inane, to me , threads like Do you prefer straight, diamond or diagonal knurling on the crown. Or 2 or 4 mm strap holes lets see em , get a truck load of replies. Ok I'm taking the pish here but you get my drift :biggrin:.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Leberkäse said:

Yet oddly enough inane, to me , threads like Do you prefer straight, diamond or diagonal knurling on the crown. Or 2 or 4 mm strap holes lets see em , get a truck load of replies. Ok I'm taking the pish here but you get my drift :biggrin:.

Well both I and @Sulie did get two helpful responds to the lume query in The watch repair forum. :yes:

Just as a point of interest, what do you prefer 2 or 4 mm strap holes, and is that diameter or spacing, or both ? :laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always approach the forum these days on a live and let live basis by and large we all seem at will to plough our own furrough and keep our own constitution which is how media has changed maybe. It's a friendly place. Not seen @artismike for a while but then again I've not been on much probably due to a cooling off of interest in watches I was only ever a casual take it or leave it player.  I look rather than comment now mostly and tbh find most interest in the sales section. It's still the best forum.

1 hour ago, ZenArcade said:

Good day or bad day he is not wrong though.

If you rake through the dross you usually find the gem. :yes:

• Like 3

I am still here.  Just!  My watch tinkering has had to stop, due to poor close up eye problems and a shaky hand ( No!  It's due to nerve damage following a shoulder/neck injury.).  I've only bought one watch in around three years (and that seemed to upset someone because I got there first!).  Life's too short!  I pop in from time to time to catch up with the craic and make a nuisance of myself! :)

• Like 4

I've had a bit of a sabbatical. Spent a bunch of cash on a motorhome, and now really getting into brewing, so watches less of a distraction than they have been.

Iceblue's mention of me did make me think that I've not been around for a while, so I will hang around.

Looks like things have been busy...

• Like 2

On 25/10/2017 at 14:47, Roger the Dodger said:

Lost count of all those that have gone since I started....A6CJN, Luckywatch, Shangas, Haggis, Back to the Top, Deepreddave, Mutley, Minkle, Krispy, Lewjamben, JoT, JasonM to name but a few......

I wonder if there`s a connection :huh: :laugh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Probably....:yes:

Well, I didn`t want to be the one to tell you this Roger, but I pulled the short straw :(

The thing is, and there`s no easy way to put this, but, the general consensus is that your after shave is a wee bit overpowering sick.gif.331d639cbdb9c2864034fc0e651675e2.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 31 October 2017 at 16:27, apm101 said:

I've had a bit of a sabbatical. Spent a bunch of cash on a motorhome, and now really getting into brewing, so watches less of a distraction than they have been.

Iceblue's mention of me did make me think that I've not been around for a while, so I will hang around.

Looks like things have been busy...

Good to see you back buddy :thumbs_up:

Don't come on here much anymore myself, it's a good forum in general but I got a bit fed up with some people confusing their opinions for facts. We all need an opinion and forums wouldn't work without them, but to continually hear opinions on certain particular topics being spouted as fact got old in the end :yes: 

I probably pop in just to check around once a month or so now but doubt if I will ever participate much anymore

• Like 3

I`ve been a member of TWF  for over twelve years and though there are the occasional difficulties & spats between members I still think that, overall, it`s a great place to hang out :thumbs_up:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graham1981 said:

Don't come on here much anymore myself, it's a good forum in general but I got a bit fed up with some people confusing their opinions for facts. We all need an opinion and forums wouldn't work without them, but to continually hear opinions on certain particular topics being spouted as fact got old in the end :yes: 

I probably pop in just to check around once a month or so now but doubt if I will ever participate much anymore

Well that is your opinion! Lool only joking:clap: