• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
swubb

Fake Spotting

Have I spotted my first fake?

Item 270392889520 on fleabay

Pretty bashed up but I can't believe it's real. The case looks like it has been cast out of lead.

Yep thats a good spot, its got to be a fake. Nobody would want to sell a Tag Heuer without getting it checked for authenticity so they can sell for a higher price.

Pretty bashed up but I can't believe it's real. The case looks like it has been cast out of lead.

The Tag logo's been put on by a drunken sailor as well - it looks all squeegee to me. I think you've spotted a fake certainly :yes:

I reckon it's a Benidorm "reject" - wasn't good enough to be sold by the tall black gents on the beach! :lol:

Yeah - the clue is in the 99p start price :blink:

Defo not kosher,

But Badger, a 99p start price don't mean jack on its own!!!

The last car I sold on ebay I started at 99p..... in fact all my auctions start at that 99p (that's how you get the cheapest fees)! ;)

Yeah - the clue is in the 99p start price :blink:

Defo not kosher,

But Badger, a 99p start price don't mean jack on its own!!!

The last car I sold on ebay I started at 99p..... in fact all my auctions start at that 99p (that's how you get the cheapest fees)! ;)

Yes, very true - I should have engaged brain. I have read that if you have a valuable article to sell, a very low start price attracts more bids and will actually jack the price up to a higher amount than a "reasonable" start price generates.

Regards,

Dave

Just checked the guys feedback, he's got form. Apparently he sold fake PS2 games before. But under Ebay's revised feedback system he has a 100% rating, just to make life that little bit harder for the buyer!

Ye I do what BGM does start it at 99p keeps people interested for longer and the longer your interested the more you want it which results in the more you are willing to bid

The Tag logo's been put on by a drunken sailor as well - it looks all squeegee to me. I think you've spotted a fake certainly :yes:

I reckon it's a Benidorm "reject" - wasn't good enough to be sold by the tall black gents on the beach! :lol:

Black Gents in Benidorm?

You sure about that?

A few had moved up from Torrevieja and Alicante areas after a Policia and Guardia clampdown, but I hera they're back in Torry, Almeria and La Manga for the season - just carrying less stock to avoid confiscations! :yes: :grin:

A few had moved up from Torrevieja and Alicante areas after a Policia and Guardia clampdown, but I hera they're back in Torry, Almeria and La Manga for the season - just carrying less stock to avoid confiscations! :yes: :grin:

Haha, I've never been but I just get this image of men in coats lined with watches in my head :P

I remember I was in Manhattan for 3 weeks on business. My watch had an issue so was without a piece the last week. Bought one exactly the same as that brand new for $3 on the corner of 8th & Broadway. Same wear, actually looks exactly the same condition will have to check the boxes it may be mine lol.

Edited by James