• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

R L T '69 Review

pg tips

RLT 100/100 has arrived. After a lot of patience, on Roy's and my behalf wink.gif, it's finally there. I have been looking for "the" military watch for more than a year. I had none and loved the old Smiths for their simplicity and clean dials and case. I considered a vintage Smith, but would not have been comfortable wearing it and they have become scarce and expensive. I like the vintage Benrus' too, but again they are hard to find. So when the first pictures of the 69 came up I put my name down. And have been patiently waiting... It's the first watch coming my way since February, so the anticipation was huge.

And I was not disappointed. The finish, the feel, and the design are all I was hoping for. With each new model RLT Watch Co further establishes its reputation. My hat off to you Roy. Most of what can be said about this watch has already been said, so I will only add two pictures that emphasize the 69's "pedigree". I went for an acrylic crystal for obvious reasons, and the black strap was a decision helped by a picture posted by another member, can't remember who and just spent 5 minutes to find the picture (I've got it on my hard drive but not on my webspace). Difficult bit will be to bring it into the worn-watches ladnscape without the oil noticing huh.gif !

user posted image

user posted image

Anonymous ph34r.gif

(PS: that signature below is a forgery, nothing to do with me, don't even know the Guy!)

PG: Every day I feel like doing the same, but he's a busy man: I don't want to hold him up as he is putting those divers together laugh.giflaugh.gif

Now I know why they take so long! laugh.giflaugh.gif Being a moderator has its privileges! wink.gif

I have to appologise for the amount of scratches visible on the bezel of my RLT5. It's my beater and although I take good care of it, it has to cope with intensive wear!

Besides something went wrong with the compression of my second picture which shows a ridiculous amount of pixelation. I'll sort it out!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the deal has been done.

As you know I'd my PRS-11 up for sale, I had to do this to free up funds for my RLT69 biggrin.gif

So had a wee chat with Roy today and it'll be sent on Monday with Acrylic Crystal and Fleiger Strap cool.gif , now my only problem is the wait ohmy.giftaz.gif

I think Roy needs to get one of those particle transporter things like Star Trek have .... instant watch delivery laugh.gif

Thanks again for the terrific review PG punk.gif

Agree on the MW and no date! The more watches I have, the more often I change watch during the week and during the day.

If Roy were to put his name on all his watches, the whole thing might go to his head and he'd charge us twice as much! laugh.giflaugh.gif Why not remove the RLT Watch Co and the Made in England and just put Taylor Made while you're at it! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I give this watch 100/100! wink.gif

I haven't changed the black nato of my 69 but I have a flieger somewhere that wants a 69 msn-tongue.gifohmy.gif

• 1 year later...

A big hello to all of you from the islands of Rhodes and Tilos in Greece!! :D

This is my first post although I'm visiting this excellent forum quite often. I like watches, especially "real" mechanical ones and currently own a Tudor Prince Oysterdate (90s), a black Seiko Samurai SS, a vintage Doxa from the 70s, and last but not least a wonderful white RLT5!

I'm writing in this thread to announce to everyone that my RLT69 #74 will be soon on the way to Greece!! B)

My anticipation is great mainly after what I've read in this thread concerning the RLT69. As I didn't hope to find #74, my happiness became even bigger when Mr Roy told me that it was available! I ordered it right away (acrylic crystal and James Bond strap) and I'm now waiting for it...

More news when I get it!!

Vassilis

Thank you for welcoming me!

I've created a small photo gallery of my watches for everyone to see. I'll add the RLT69 shot as soon as I get it!

And an irrelevant question (which you may erase after reading it): why am I not able to see any profiles by clicking on the members' names ( even mine! ) ?

It says:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Edited by vassilis

The reason is that we had so many new 'members' who were dealers contact people by 'Private message' this function is accesed by your profile, what we have done is made it so when new members post 50 posts, you can use the full facilities of the board, its not a ideal situation but it does encourage genuine members and not those who join just to sell their products... :)

Hope this isnt too inconvienient, 50 posts soon comes round ;)

And an irrelevant question (which you may erase after reading it): why am I not able to see any profiles by clicking on the members' names ( even mine! ) ?

It says:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Thsi function is blocked to new members until you have 50 posts. We had dealers joining the forum just so they could use the PM and email addresses to SPAM members.

Welcome to the forum, great watch the 69.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have to admit that it is a fantastic watch, now that I have it on my wrist! :D

It's much much better than in the photos and up to now it's accuracy is at about -5 sec/day. That's great performance for a new watch!

I'll add photos of it soon...!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE ON THE 69! water resistance

I'm on holiday, taking the kids to visit their grandparents from both sides who have all emigrated to the South of France. Not much computer time available, a lot of time is spent around swimming pools. It's very hot down here.

The problem is I have brought my RLT69 with me, and I have already twice forgottent to take it off before swimming :shocking::scared::ph34r: (I know, some people don't deserve their RLT's) :rolleyes:

Good news! Jumping in the pool and swimming, even under water, have not done any harm so far!

:thumbup::sweatdrop:

If I remember correctly these watches are rated 50m, so that's a 100% pass rate so far on water resistance! I'll update if I have another senior moment around the swimming pool!