• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Stan

American Watches.

So, Wittnauer are American as well? I didn't know that, never really looked into them if I'm honest. Heres Mine then, gold plated case with black sunburst dial and sub seconds at the 6 position.

GEDC0278.jpg

Bit of a stetch actually . US company started by a Swiss national and they never made watches in the US. Watches were all Swiss made.

Thanks for the clarification, lets go for one of the more modern Bulova's then. This is a vibra-alarm dating from only 2005, alarm can be set to sound or vibrate. There are times (quiet meeting, noisy enviroment, etc) when an alarm you can feel is an asset, and there really aren't that many quartz physical alarms that I've seen.

GEDC0340.jpg

Oh, and another one, the Bulova Perpetual Calendar from 1999

IMAGE_007.jpg

Edited by feenix

So, Wittnauer are American as well? I didn't know that, never really looked into them if I'm honest. Heres Mine then, gold plated case with black sunburst dial and sub seconds at the 6 position.

GEDC0278.jpg

GEDC0281.jpg

Bit of a stetch actually . US company started by a Swiss national and they never made watches in the US. Watches were all Swiss made.

Wittnauer watches with Swiss movements were cased in the US to avoid the punative taxation levelled on foriegn made products during its "isolationist" period (which never seems to end).

• Like 1

Is it possible? I'm first to post a Timex? :huh:

timex3.jpg

Did PG lose the will to carry on after Mach passed him up...or what? :D

And wait 'til Knut catches wind of this thread...y'all are toast. :lol:

Edited by SharkBike

"to avoid the punative taxation levelled on foriegn made products during its "isolationist" period (which never seems to end). "

Wow, I wasn't aware the UK doesn't have import taxes! Thanks for letting me know. Hell we import everything and make nothing these days. We even asked Susan Boyle to perform in Washington on THE 4TH OF JULY!!!!

Edited by watchnutz

I love this Bulova Automatic. Made in the same year as myself, 23 jewels automatic with gold plated case.

DSCF2570.jpg

"to avoid the punative taxation levelled on foriegn made products during its "isolationist" period (which never seems to end). "

Wow, I wasn't aware the UK doesn't have import taxes! Thanks for letting me know. Hell we import everything and make nothing these days. We even asked Susan Boyle to perform in Washington on THE 4TH OF JULY!!!!

:lol: :lol:

This will end up like the "show us your hummer" topic :D

One of my Pacers:

Hamilton%20Pacer%202%201.jpg

That Pacer is a keeper, one of the most sought after electrics made!!!!! :lol: :lol:

A design icon by any standards, this version has no American content other than the design itself. Which is certainly good enough for me, despite the rest of it being nicely made in Switzerland. The MoD chose the movement it uses to power the CWC G10 WWEGS, I'm told. :)

The "modern" Hamilton Ventura.

Dscn0038.jpg

• Like 1

Any American brand watch with some US manufacturing in it will be okay, old or new, wrist, pocket or clock.

A design icon by any standards, this version has no American content other than the design itself. Which is certainly good enough for me, despite the rest of it being nicely made in Switzerland. The MoD chose the movement it uses to power the CWC G10 WWEGS, I'm told. :)

The "modern" Hamilton Ventura.

Dscn0038.jpg

Mmmm....is "design" part of "manufacturing"? I don't think so...so you should be disqualified with that entry. :lol: Instead, I'll post a picture of the real thing :P :

Hamilton%20Ventura%20Red%20Second%201.jp

See what you've started Stan...with that Swiss-made Hamilton Ventura. :nono: :lol:

These Benrus watches have the workhorse of Swiss-made balance wheel electronic movements within them....ESA Dynotrons (9150 through to 9158). :ph34r:

Only ONE Timex so far...? What have you guys been smokin'...?

Here's an American Legend - 50's Marlin :)

IM000926.jpg

...and this one has "MADE IN U.S.A." on the dial :)

See what you've started Stan...with that Swiss-made Hamilton Ventura. :nono: :lol:

I know Paul, I'll consider myself suitably chastised. :D

Swiss tat. :lol:

I know Paul, I'll consider myself suitably chastised. :D

Swiss tat. :lol:

Yes and I'm sorry for polluting the thread like that...........I'll get me coat :lol:

Okay, this is 100% American. :P

A Hamilton Trent from the latter part of the 1950's, fitted with a grade 770 movement and a nice sterling silver dial. It keeps good time at +4 seconds a day (on the wrist). :)

HTrent4.jpg

HTrent5.jpg

Okay, this is 100% American. :P

A Hamilton Trent from the latter part of the 1950's, fitted with a grade 770 movement and a nice sterling silver dial. It keeps good time at +4 seconds a day (on the wrist). :)

HTrent4.jpg

HTrent5.jpg

I like that very much; amazing case design.