• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
KevG

Latest Project Another Timex

Seem to be gathering a few Timex for some reason. anyhow here's the latest.

timex50.jpg

type21.jpg

Model 21 I think but I've no idea of the age of the watch, between 50 & 60 ? perhaps maybe

Going to give it a bath and then see what I can do.

Well, it's a Dundee made Timex, pre 1960, #22 or #21 movement. Bill, (Watchnutz) or one of the other guys will be able to confirm which it is - there is a name for this particular square case model - again Bill will know. Nice find - - if you can get it going even better. It is an early example from Dundee, these are getting hard to find in any sort of "good" condition case wise - let's face it, they're 50 or more years old and were only ever intended as a low end throwaway affordable. :yes:

Note that even working it might not be all that accurate :grin: + or- a whiley or so each day :D Looks like the original strap as well! :eek:

It's a Monroe model which was made with that style case from 1953 to 58. I would say yours would be a 58 since it has a #22 movement which was introduced in 1958. It was originally gold toned. It is a popular model with vintage Timex collectors. Here is my 1953 model.

183126192.jpg

Thanks guys wasn't sure of the movement checked it on here click. the movement dosen't seem bad just gummed up. The strap could be original and if it's 50 years old it's in fair condition. Got an auto at the same time I will probably need help with later.

Nice find! I think it has the "21" movement ( the balance "screw" is on the dial side ) and therefore might be a bit older than 1958. My best bet would be 1954-55. Are there any numbers on the caseback?

No numbers anywhere on it, looks like somebody has been cleaning in the back and rubbed the inked numbers off. It's not in bad nick really. I have worse chrome cases that are a lot newer and the "glass" should polish up though it looks like it's been glued in with Evostick. First job is to get it ticking again.