• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
DAVID

Zodiac ? Any Opinions Please ?

Been rather fancying some of the newer (Fossil) Zodiac models, Divers, ZMX models and Dragon chronos in particular, plus regret selling a very nice older Sea Wolf.

Do seen quite pricy at full retail for Ronda quartz movements, but do like some of the designs, any one got one, what do you reckon ?

D.

Been rather fancying some of the newer (Fossil) Zodiac models, Divers, ZMX models and Dragon chronos in particular, plus regret selling a very nice older Sea Wolf.

Do seen quite pricy at full retail for Ronda quartz movements, but do like some of the designs, any one got one, what do you reckon ?

D.

I've got a Zodiac Astrographic 2007 (i.e. Fossil). Very well made, SUPERB bracelet and in this case an ETA movement. I also tried on a new Oceanaire; big, impressive watch and felt well made. Chinese movement finished in Switzerland (CL888), which puts some people off, but an excellent watch for the money IMO. Zodiac are not a big make - so you should angle for a discount, even from a highstreet chain.

There's also a ZMX 04 with the CL888 movement. Not my cup of chai, but it's a big chunky watch and should be as well made.

3506306941_d1c37ed089_m.jpg

Edited by Roly300

Guest avidfan

i looked at them long and hard, some of them look really nice but theyre made by fossil like youve said and thats what put me off in the end-if i wanted a fossil watch id buy a fossil watch. there are better watches out there for the same price and cheaper.

just my personal experience of the brand but 710 had a couple of fossils.

both crap, both died just after guarantees expired.

got her a nice cheapie timex until i could get her a couple of decent watches.

would have to be paid to wear one now.

Got to say the new automatic Zodiacs are in a completely different league to Fossil in terms of case, bracelet, appearance and attention to detail. Really, they are up there with the proper Swiss makes for case and bracelet (if not surpassing them in terms of value for money). The Achilles heal may be the movement. The CL888 has both is critics and fans. As the ST16 it's based on is a good solid cheapo movement, I would still consider the CL888 Zodiacs, but only at a discount (30%+). I was lucky to get one with an ETA.

I wouldn't go near the quartz Zodiacs though (or any quartz for that sort of money).

(and I agree about the Fossils, I had an auto for a while, which looked good until the movement packed up. It went back to Amazon.)

Timex is a decent watch though. :)

Timex is a decent watch though. :)

nowt wrong with timex - thats why i got her one.

shame it wasnt when we lived in Dundee - would have only cost me a couple of pints.