• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

More To Choose - Mondaine Watches

Ecosse

Guest avidfan

i prefer the bottom one, but i dont like the day window on it-its a bit big, whereas the top one has a date window thats too big! other than that i think theyre both nice watches.

much prefer the case and crown of the lower watch.

my phobia of day and date windows aside (getting there slowly honest) would have to see one in the metal as that second hand might be an issue for me.

are they quartz or atuo? that second hand clunking around the dial might be too much.

might be ok if the motion were smoother though.

worst case personally i would buy the lower one and mod it.

I would like to see then first to make up my mind, but not really possible. I was on one website that offered 30 day trials and send it bsck if you aren't satisfied - problem is I've looked at that many recently I can't remember which one it is.

Anyone really interested in buying one of these should check on the Guardian newspapers website...they have these on offers (from memory about 30% off) for readers.

Either one for me but would love a combo of big date from top and big day from bottom one....just to be awkward.

much prefer the case and crown of the lower watch.

my phobia of day and date windows aside (getting there slowly honest) would have to see one in the metal as that second hand might be an issue for me.

are they quartz or atuo? that second hand clunking around the dial might be too much.

might be ok if the motion were smoother though.

worst case personally i would buy the lower one and mod it.

Mondaines (at least at the lower levels of the range) are quartz. It is possible to get the same watches with autos though, which I think would look better. They wear quite big, especially with the big white faces. But they do look extremely interesting worn, and are very popular on the continent - I'm working in tourism at the moment, and I've spotted several Mondaines strapped to the wrists of German, French and Spanish tourists.

My personal favourite is the chrono, with the hour batons sunk into the inner bezel.

A690.30338.11SBM-CB.jpg

Image pinched from Mondaine's own website, apologies in advance to the Mods if this contravenes the rules.