• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
James

Oddly Swatch

We went to the Swatch Outlet sale today, well a bunch of us and the other, was a lunch thing. Very strangely enough we both came away with the same 40mm piece, pretty much got two for the price one or about $80CAD each, the guys then cleared them out of the model lol. Its quite chunky, contoured and thick, was surprised the other grabbed one

I have to say I am impressed. Heavy stainless piece and yes thank you with acrylic crystal. Never in my life would I have thought I would have a swatch on. Pics don't do it justice today reflections time of light, actually looking at my pics after posting they suck in comparison to the watch in hand. Excuse the gloss on the strap I conditioned mine to soften it gloss will die away. The clarity of the piece in real life is really good quite clear almost like a double sided coated sapphire. And everything tics in line with the markers. Its black on charcoal, black hands lumed stand out against the charcoal despite my pics today. This model, if named any of the high end makes would be well over 1K judging by its fit and finish. Weird

Well that was the outing and lunch with the group. Back to where I was :)

CopyofIMG_1555.jpg

CopyofIMG_1554.jpg

CopyofIMG_1560.jpg

CopyofIMG_1553.jpg

Edited by James

Nice one James; I have a couple of Swatch steel chronographs, and they are a lot of watch at any price.

Crying out for a bracelet, imho....

$80? Bargain!

I really like the look of that watch, though i'm not keen on the strap - a plain black leather would be very striking...

...well for my taste anyway :P

Very nice, never think of Swatches other than the plastic models, those are stunning!

Swatch do make some sturdier models, Like the one above this is mine (Hailstorm model, back in 2005 it was £125.00 with both Leather strap seen here & SS bracelet), please excuse the poor photo

DSC00288-1.jpg

I've had it for 5 years and it's been through the wars & batteries, but keeps excellent time.

I'd recommend them.

BTW they are from the Irony range. SS case, 'plastic' crystal, although they get scratched easily they come up clean again with minimum effort using 'displex', 'polywatch' or something similar

Edited by bobbymonks

I've had one got it as part of 25yrs on the Railway, a colleague got one at exactly the same presentation. They both stopped and refused to go again within a week of each other after 4 years. A great watch while they worked.

Paul

I like the way that strap tapers from the outside of the lugs. :) I wish more manufacturers would do that.

Later,

William

Yes, but it looks like you'd have to be handy with a scalpel to fit anything other than a Swatch replacement strap

G

Yes Chris, $80CAD, they were tagged at $180CAD. Was an event I was invited to locally.

I wonder if the Irony line means its metal, not sure. This one is the Dark Phoenix. That blue dial one looks to be exactly the same pushers and all.

I was going to grab a black strap there too, they had black, rubber and dark brown but passed for the time was not ready to shell out another 25 just for the strap

Although I've a few Swatch models in my connection, (one chrono, one accutquartz and one automatic), I've yet to aquire my personal Swatch favourite. There are a few on Ebay, I've borrowed this picture from item # 150361205420. I'll get one one day, and I'd already have one if I'd been offered a price somewhere in the $80 ball-park.

YRG400__1.jpg

Yes Chris, $80CAD, they were tagged at $180CAD. Was an event I was invited to locally.

I wonder if the Irony line means its metal, not sure. This one is the Dark Phoenix. That blue dial one looks to be exactly the same pushers and all.

I was going to grab a black strap there too, they had black, rubber and dark brown but passed for the time was not ready to shell out another 25 just for the strap

YES the Irony range are all SS cases, hence the cheeky name Irony = metal

Yes the Hailstorm & Dark Phoenix are basically the same watch from the 2005 Irony Chrono range (except mine does not have the cyclops date window).

Swatch tends to do that.

Same watch multiple variations in colour schemes, straps, bracelets etc. And each one is given a different name.

The good thing is if you like the look of one watch but prefer the bracelet or strap of another, as long as they are the same model range they are inter-changeable.

few more pics from the party lol

mind you only the last one I put any effort into but not going back to retake the others

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg