• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Aviator 1 ?

James

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always wanted one like this for my little 3133 collection... got the money, and they disappeared!

It is a 3133, or the later movement? What's not to like? One of their best dial/case combos, IMHO.

NOS, or new production?

18 or 19mm? Because a bracelet would look good...

I bought one very recently from a member here - it's a fine piece, wears quite large, because of the large area of glass and has the 3133 movement. It's basically a poor man's Fortis Flieger Chrono :lol:

Mine came on the 20mm bead-blasted Poljot bracelet, but I wanted to keep that in good condition (knowing how easy the bead-blasted finish marks) so I've swapped it onto one of Roy's grey Natos which I think suits it rather well.

James, you say you found some with the older logo.....are there more? The only reason I ask is that I had a PM about mine last week from a forum member who is looking high and low for one...

Great VFM, I really like it, here's some pics of mine...

PoljotAviator_002.jpg

PoljotAviator_004.jpg

PoljotAviator_005.jpg

James said:

Anyone have one of these?

Yes, the top one you show is mine :lol:

It's an excellent watch and I much prefer its style to the later versions. I've recently evaluated my collection with a view to significantly thinning it out and I decided that the Aviator is a definite keeper.

Ive got the aviator III its an awesome piece, and the only keeper i have as it was a wedding present. Although i wouldn't mind one of these at some point. I must admit, i wouldn't have dreamed of putting mine on a nato, but looking at these ones here, they actually look pretty cool on the grey nato. Might have to get a grey nato of roy and give it a go

nice pics guys!

Chris I believe its 20mm if same as the Berkut. They would be new pieces I also believe the recent ones may have the aviator wings or maybe the maktime logo but not sure

Mr MarkDavey PM sent

JS

Edited by James

Well Mike I have been looking at a Fortis this is what started it actually. They have the same Fortis but with auto 7750 with the alarm complication locally at 2300CAD plus taxes still works out to 2600CAD. Thing is its 18mm thick, like having a small mammal up my sleeve in that weather I can't do 18mm thick. Also external anti-reflect coating which I just went through that replacement on a port chrono, cost me more than a basic 7750 chrono its self just for that!!!!

Well its on the timing machine now going through its final check. And sent an e-mail springing for the extra display back :)

Edited by James

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Aviator IV that I bought second hand, for about £130.

It is my best watch and it simply oozes quality and has a real presence on your arm.

I had a Tag once that cost silly money, I took it back after a week because it had a

fault with the bezel not lining up properly. Vastly overrated and not worth a 10th of

the price.

Well picked it up at the post office today. I am really really delighted. Wore it home then put it back in the box for a quick and poorly lit photo shoot before I head out, I am wearing it yes.

Things I noticed, lack of reflection from the crystal, very comfy strap, well weighted and perfect size. Big smooth winding crown. Deep black and easily read jump out at ya dial, despite my quick pics today. Came with extras, bag of cookies, manual, catalogue, stuff and its original back tucked away safely, I had the crystal back which does match the metal in color installed when it was timed. Julian out of Germany simply a class act.

More pics some day perhaps.

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

thanks. really quite like it. I kept swearing off new russian pieces due to some bad experience more against a certain seller, this one turned me around. the case profile is well done. cant stop looking at it lol

put it on this strap for now which really suits it pulls the color out of the hands

IMG_1480.jpg

Out of the Poljot factory. Also seen with the Aviator wings and now the Maktime logo who I believe own the old Poljot. Its lost something in the Maktime switch in my opinion but good to see them still going. The Aviator winged logo had an A on the crown where this has the crown on the crown

Now as Maktime. Not sure I like the logo, nor the bezel around the date window, missing one red chrono hand and I liked the full red stop hand vs the existing one. Not sure it needs the double dots at 15, 30 and 45 takes away from the meaning of them at 12 but certain changes had to be made in order to sell them in Switzerland and Germany.

image_showphp.jpg

Edited by James

• 3 weeks later...

I never bothered to play with the timing on a 3133, but did so this week.

Made one slip on the regulator and lost 3 days playing. Now back at just under 3.5 seconds out in 24 hours. Thats on the wrist except for a shower. Best I can do now tightened the back. Takes such a little adjustment in the end to the point I can't see if i am moving it nor not lol. So now this trail and error stops here :)