• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jontifosi

Cwc Military Question

A mate of mine has a CWC navy divers watch numbers below, he's thinking of selling is there much of a market for his watch?

0555/6645-99-7573314 462/95

There's lots around, however looking at those numbers it would appear that it's been issued and to a Royal Marine. As for value probably around £55.

If it is a diver's watch and not a G10 it would be nearer £200 and yes there is a market for them, you would have no trouble selling a genuine issued watch on E-Bay.

New they are £250 but issued are always sought after, the numbers indicate 1995 so it may have seen some action.

If it is a diver's watch and not a G10 it would be nearer £200 and yes there is a market for them, you would have no trouble selling a genuine issued watch on E-Bay.

New they are £250 but issued are always sought after, the numbers indicate 1995 so it may have seen some action.

Dam forgot those, assumed it was a G10 :hammer: :D

If it was issued to a marine not a navy diver................ three letters spring to mind and the middle one stands for boat

If it was issued to a marine not a navy diver................ three letters spring to mind and the middle one stands for boat

0555 is the nato code for Royal Marines, so this is probably a special boat service watch. Another way to tell is if it's black PVD coated with a day/date display ;)

0555 is the nato code for Royal Marines, so this is probably a special boat service watch. Another way to tell is if it's black PVD coated with a day/date display ;)

I would also hazard a guess if thats its background that it has an interesting history given its issue date

As Jot said it's a 1995 issue (the last bit means it was the 462nd watch of 1995 (or to be more pedantic the case back was the 462nd to be stamped))

Hello

Could anyone decipher this back plate for me please, its from a CWC divers watch.

0555 / 6645 - 99

I'm curious to know what the numbers mean ie is it a new watch or an old issued one.

I'd upload the pic from my desktop, but there's no option for that for some reason?

Thanks for all your help.

Forgot to mention the casing is Black presumably PVD & the dial has the DAY & DATE windows & it says QUARTZ also

Hello

Could anyone decipher this back plate for me please, its from a CWC divers watch.

0555 / 6645 - 99

I'm curious to know what the numbers mean ie is it a new watch or an old issued one.

I'd upload the pic from my desktop, but there's no option for that for some reason?

Thanks for all your help.

looks like your missing the digits that date the watch........

Forgot to mention the casing is Black presumably PVD & the dial has the DAY & DATE windows & it says QUARTZ also

%3Ca%20href=BackOfCWConeBay.jpg">

%3Ca%20href=BackOfCWConeBay.jpg">

The lack of a serial number and issue date on the back of that particular example means it was probably bought from Silvermans rather than being issued by the MOD...

Edited by Andy the Squirrel

Yes, it looks like a new or newish one from Silvermans. It still seems to have the plastic film on the back. The RN diver's watch I purchased from Silvermans earlier this year had the same plastic film on it. A good watch, but certainly not issued. :)

Later,

William

According to my son (who was in the RN and spent a couple of years in an Army Commando regiment) Royal Marines are sometimes issued with the standard RN diver and they can either have the RN designation or less frquently the RM designation. The black SBS version is also issued to some Royal Marine and Army Commando units as well as the SBS. Basically there is no hard and fast rule and you don't have to be a diver :D

More often than not they use their own watches, G-Shock to the fore.

A mate of mine has a CWC navy divers watch numbers below, he's thinking of selling is there much of a market for his watch?

0555/6645-99-7573314 462/95

Hi! waiting for your pictures :-)

Cheers!

G