• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Arrival - Bargain So Far

sparkyhx

New arrival. Parnis 'Portugese style' Sorry the pics are from the site as their photography is better than mine.

It arrived from Hong Kong in 4 days and cost the grand total of $62 +postage. It has a Sea-Gull movement which should mean its not going to fall apart imediately

First impressions are nice. This is an impressive looking piece of kit for the price.

The case is brushed with mirror bezel and back. The finishing is absolutely fine.

The face is a lovely design (similar to IWC Portugese) and has been executed very well - but here is the biggest flaw - I can see two bits of what appears to be glue near the numbers. This is just visible with the naked eye but only cos I spotted it first with a lupe. You wouldn't know otherwise.

the back is a large display back giving a good view of the movement

Both the crystals are not sapphire, buti wouldn't have expected that.

The strap is black croc look and says its leather and the smell would indicate this, but its stiff and too short for me so I have ordered a blue Toshi for it.

The crown is plain and unsigned

The movements is supposed to be an auto Sea-gull ST-25 with seconds sub dial at 6 and power reserve at 12 and it manually winds and hacks - I can't comment really.

It looks pretty industrial, there has been a pretty poor attempt at decorating it, but hey we are talking a cheap watch here. Its also quite a bit smaller than the case and the 'fitting ring' is visible thru the very large display back. Again there has been an attempt at decorating the ring but again its poor. Also the ring/movement is held in place by 3 screws, 2 blued and 1 plain :wallbash:

The watch is running 3 secs slow over 24hrs, so that is more than adequate.

Overall I am quite impressed. The glue of the face and the odd screw is a bit annoying but for the price its not worth worrying about and I am sure the quality will differ on another watch.

Edited by pg tips
pics removed please read the forum guidelines

looks really good! i really like the blue hands, numbers etc... i've done a quick search and really can't see where i'd buy one of those from... i know we can't post links but if you could give me a clue as to what to search for (i've tried Parnis watch etc. but no joy).

thanks,

looks really good! i really like the blue hands, numbers etc... i've done a quick search and really can't see where i'd buy one of those from... i know we can't post links but if you could give me a clue as to what to search for (i've tried Parnis watch etc. but no joy).

thanks,

you have mail

thanks,

you have mail

great, thanks for that :thumbsup: