• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Griff

Watch Battery Info.

Some specific Omega information here http://goldsmithwatchworks.com/Omega-Servicing/CS-Info/CS-Info%2008/No%2011%20Elimination%20of%20HgO%20mercury-oxide%20batteries%20%20E_2004_711.pdf

It's a bulletin they issued when the mercury batteries were phased out.

Ive just been trying to find info about the AG range as I needed an AG3 and an AG13... might be worth adding that... I found these so far:

AG1 = 364

AG3 = 392

AG4 = 377

AG5 = 393

AG12 = 386

AG13 = 357

The 3 and 13 measure up fine against the ones I have here but ive not tested this info for the others....

Awesome JonW, I was stuck once not knowing quite which one was the right one for my Ultrasonic watch. :rltb:

I have a couple of Bulova acctron 214 batteries that read 1.35v on Mmtr,think safe to use?I also got ripped buying a 700 tester,been holding off for a couple yrs because of funds.Got it for myself for xmas,paid"retail"$119,Knew better,but got caught up in the moment.Anybody have info on how to use?(for dummies).Also would like to know how to test the tester to find out what's wrong w/it.I'm totally inept in electronics.I've studied many fundamental tutorials on the web,but I just can't grasp it.I lack a keen sense for the obvious.Anyone can explain in real,real simple steps?I'll throw in a 214 orig.batt@1.35v for helping me.I hope that's not breaking any rules.I can't find any info that is helpful,been doing many days of reading,searching.P.S.I did luck out and got the top one on my list,an omegaf300,really expected to be burned.It was in a weird,cheapo 60's watch box,one pic,told seller that I expected to get burned.seller not into watches,threw my last $75(only bid)at auction end.Figured my luck couldn't be any worse after tester fiasco.Fired right up,been wearing every waking moment since it arrived on the 23,in time for xmas.there is a santa!(my first post,so if not within the rules,knock it down and let me know.Thanks all!

Think there was a thread about that in this section last month?

Have tried searching the forum and it doesn't come up though.

I remember it because I think Paul noted that he had a battery with an entirely different date code?

Thanks anyway. The reason I asked was because I'm replacing a battery in a friends Tag professional which already has a Rayovac. I want to replace like for like but don't want to put in a dud. All the research I've done only dates up to 2011.

BATTERY HELP PLEASE.

Hello all, I will soon have to replace the batteries in my Fairchild LED watch, they currently have Accell LR43 186 /1.5V in them, put in by the seller in the US, I am in the UK. Having looked on e bay there are loads of different ones, but I am not sure if others fit, or if there is a better battery out there,ie longer lasting etc. The numerous types have variations and additions to the numbers I have stated, will any battery do that has LR43 186 / 1.5V somewhere in the list of numbers for the battery ? does anyone have knowledge of a better battery or am I best sticking to Accell ? thanks Steve 

Guest Bruce
6 minutes ago, steveinstaffs said:

BATTERY HELP PLEASE.

Hello all, I will soon have to replace the batteries in my Fairchild LED watch, they currently have Accell LR43 186 /1.5V in them, put in by the seller in the US, I am in the UK. Having looked on e bay there are loads of different ones, but I am not sure if others fit, or if there is a better battery out there,ie longer lasting etc. The numerous types have variations and additions to the numbers I have stated, will any battery do that has LR43 186 / 1.5V somewhere in the list of numbers for the battery ? does anyone have knowledge of a better battery or am I best sticking to Accell ? thanks Steve 

get a Renata LR43, you cant go wrong :thumbsup:

really grate  battery info !!   i need to buy an assortment of watch batterys ( off the net,  as they are VERY costly in the watch shop). Witch ones should i buy? ?  any opinions accepted.  (p,s,  i have only one valuable quartz - an  early G  P )   cheers  vinn

On 14/12/2016 at 09:55, alhut said:

i just wanted to jump on thread and mention that i am also having trouble with battery replacement, i bought 2 watches from China, which use Japanese Quartz movements and i can find anyone who is prepared to change the battery? I'm guessing its the same as normal Swiss Quartz? 

Have you tried shaking the watch?  it says it is automatic winding, so won't have a battery

Don't shake a chinese watch too hard, as it might fall apart...

• Like 2

I had one changed at Watch Hospital in Watford yesterday due to being in a rush, and now just bought 30 batteries from Cousins for less! Still, I don't begrudge the high street boys a penny, they have to make a living and I'd imagine at somewhere like that 75% of their T/O is changing batteries and straps.

Anyone who wants to know about battery sizes and their alternatives would do well to get one of these from Cousins...you just make sure the battery you have will go through the accurately sized hole, and it will tell you the battery size and any alternatives. Good if your eyes are a bit knackered like mine! The reverse side sizes Lithiums. £2.25

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/battery-size-shape-selector

large.20181014_142816.jpg.9106f27b4a674fcbb3b083e569bcf6e4.jpglarge.20181014_142914.jpg.48c50294d2a1a1244471a80dc83ce47a.jpglarge.20181014_143024.jpg.1aed16fbf42a544471771aa479359965.jpg

• Like 2