• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

RLT's Next Watch

Roy

Thinking about a new project in the new year and thought it would be good if the forum members had loads of imput on this one, even designing some of the features as we have done in the past. So through some idea my way, dial, case designs etc What ever you can come up with. :thumbup:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wish list.....as the insanity takes hold....

1. Something with a bead-blasted/matt finish case.

2. If it's possible to stick with the ETA 2824-2.......or something else that auto with manual wind.

3. Large case, a la Precista Italian or Panny submersible. But then, i like big watches.

4. Would orange lume, or maybe blue, be possible?

Dear Roy AKA Santa

for christmas 2010 i would like:

a titanium dive watch on bracelet

quartz movement

day / date, preferably with alarm function

yellow dial, with black printed classic arabic numerals printed and green tritium gas tube markers

silver or aluminium chapter ring

black diamond like carbon coated 60 minute bezel with white numerals and tritium gas lume pip at 00

red second hand with red tirium gas light at tip

thick black hour and minute hands with orange tritium gas lights

sapphire glass, screw down crown, min 200m wr, maybe 300m

caseback engraved with dolphin

many thanks

dave

:artist:

Edited by seikology

Roy,

Further to my wish watch above - they say a picture speaks a thousand words. Make me this and I'll pre order and pay up front!!

green_divers.jpg

blue_divers.jpg

Hope you don't mind me 'borrowing' images from your site and adding my own thoughts to them. I'd probably go further (if I had more time to chop the pic) and remove the numerals on the dial as the bezel is enough. Maybe not...

Edited by Johnny_E

Day date seems very popular, but how about adding a month? Patek are the only brand that i know that actually have the calendar reading day, date, month from left to right, but they are a little expensive.... I do like large date watches too, but i understand all of the above are very complicated therefore expensive.

Also like the idea of tritrum tubes.

Dear Santa,

Oh so much choice and I've been such a good boy maybe something I like will make it in there too.

1, Must have Tritium hands and batons/markers ala Traser

2, ETA 2824-2

3, Date

4, Chunky diver. No big pilot. Chunky diver pilot!

5, 22 or 24mm strap/bracelet

6, GMT

Oh there are so many other ideas too. But I don't think personal force fields or Blake 7 style wrist transporters have been invented yet.

Frank