UK Watch Forum banner

RLT's Next Watch

30K views 271 replies 110 participants last post by  tom 
#1 ·
Thinking about a new project in the new year and thought it would be good if the forum members had loads of imput on this one, even designing some of the features as we have done in the past. So through some idea my way, dial, case designs etc What ever you can come up with. :thumbup:

#2 ·
My wish list.....as the insanity takes hold....

1. Something with a bead-blasted/matt finish case.

2. If it's possible to stick with the ETA 2824-2.......or something else that auto with manual wind.

3. Large case, a la Precista Italian or Panny submersible. But then, i like big watches.

4. Would orange lume, or maybe blue, be possible?

#4 ·
Waahoo! :clap:

A black faced pilots watch gets my vote.

Large in size, sward hands, with date. Extra options to have either fabric/leather or steel bracelet.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dear Roy AKA Santa

for christmas 2010 i would like:

a titanium dive watch on bracelet

quartz movement

day / date, preferably with alarm function

yellow dial, with black printed classic arabic numerals printed and green tritium gas tube markers

silver or aluminium chapter ring

black diamond like carbon coated 60 minute bezel with white numerals and tritium gas lume pip at 00

red second hand with red tirium gas light at tip

thick black hour and minute hands with orange tritium gas lights

sapphire glass, screw down crown, min 200m wr, maybe 300m

caseback engraved with dolphin

many thanks

dave

:artist:

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Roy,

Further to my wish watch above - they say a picture speaks a thousand words. Make me this and I'll pre order and pay up front!!

green_divers.jpg

blue_divers.jpg

Hope you don't mind me 'borrowing' images from your site and adding my own thoughts to them. I'd probably go further (if I had more time to chop the pic) and remove the numerals on the dial as the bezel is enough. Maybe not...

#15 ·
Day date seems very popular, but how about adding a month? Patek are the only brand that i know that actually have the calendar reading day, date, month from left to right, but they are a little expensive.... I do like large date watches too, but i understand all of the above are very complicated therefore expensive.

Also like the idea of tritrum tubes.

#16 ·
Dear Santa,

Oh so much choice and I've been such a good boy maybe something I like will make it in there too.

1, Must have Tritium hands and batons/markers ala Traser

2, ETA 2824-2

3, Date

4, Chunky diver. No big pilot. Chunky diver pilot!

5, 22 or 24mm strap/bracelet

6, GMT

Oh there are so many other ideas too. But I don't think personal force fields or Blake 7 style wrist transporters have been invented yet.

Frank

#166 ·
The above gets my vote.

Just as a matter of interest - what do people think about helping Roy out - and ourselves for that matter - with cash-flow matters, and paying a deposit and maybe also paying by subscription? Subscription watches are an age old tradition, particularly with Breguet, Tissot, etc., so this is nothing radical.

Dunno about you guys, but I suspect many of us simply don't have the disposable cash to suddenly have to pull out a few hundred quid on a new watch when it becomes available - RLT forum design or not - it's still a big decision for most of us. (I know it is for me these days.)

Once the design is more or less finalised most of us will know if we are "in" or not, so a suitable deposit would not be a huge risk, and then phased payments during the course of production.

Just a thought...
How about a chronograph using an O&W Mirage type case but with a rotating GMT type bezel?
Sounds good to me
And me

I've only just seen this thread as I've had to avoid temptation recently but I've wanted an RLT for some time and the deposit idea would soften the blow. Might stop me thinking about the H3s too or buying a second hand Grovana...

Looking forward to seeing what Roy's come up with (I've set a reminder to check back regularly form now on, regardless of funds!!!)

#17 ·
Everyone's got black faced dials haven't they

How about something different e.g a two tone dial

dial3.jpg

#32 ·
That works for me :thumbup:

#29 ·
The RLT range has already exhibited numerous, affordable dive/military stlye/24-hour/dress/sports models.

The range has just passed the half-century and we are ourselves about to enter a new decade. To mark this occasion I think it's time for a new "flagship" RLT model and not just more of the same.

I'd like to see a unique, hand-made dial (or at least designed and manufactured in-house like the RLT39/40) the highest quality movement Roy can obtain and an equally high quality case.

It's time for something different and daring.

#31 ·
I'd quite like to see something with an 'aircraft clock' style dial and hands (like the hands a few members have had retrofitted to their 29s).

Simple, black PVD case, black leather strap. Stealthy.

A quartz option would be good for those of us who are too lazy to wind and too fickle to wear the same automatic every day (and hence keep it wound).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.