• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

RLT's Next Watch

Roy

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy has already done so many homage to military designs......I would still like to see an elegent classic round gold dress watch, Ok it might have to be plated, but at least we could choose between gold and high gloss steel?

Perfect style for a 25 year watch...such a classic marker.

Roy has already done so many homage to military designs......I would still like to see an elegent classic round gold dress watch, Ok it might have to be plated, but at least we could choose between gold and high gloss steel?

Like others,I feel the Divers/Pilots hommage watches have been done extensively.However,if a really imaginative one could be produced I'm sure it would be hugely popular with forum members.I would like to see a manual wind dress watch-similar to the mock up on this thread-40mm with an exhibition back and teardrop lugs.I also like the idea of a 2-tone dial,something you rarely see on dress watches these days.There seem to be 2 distinct groups who contribute to this forum-those who love the big-cased watches and those who don't.How Roy is going to keep them both happy I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if he does! I was thinking of buying an RLT 40 but now I've decided to see what this new watch is like before choosing.

Or silver for 25 years. Stan's watch is a classic - his birthday one not 'that' red one.

I was thinking of buying an RLT 40 but now I've decided to see what this new watch is like before choosing.

You do realise this thread has been going for 15 months? Just go for the '40 in the meantime.

I haven't posted before but how about something with a nice Alfred Rochat chronograph movement. A hand wound 16Ln would satisfy those looking for a larger watch and the dial could look relativly plain because with an exhibition back the movement would be the star.

Another thought would be a Dubois Depraz full perpetual calendar module on a base ETA 2892-A2.

The new module is pretty thin with an overall case thickness of around 11mm not bad for a perpetual when you think whats going on in the case.

Steve

Edited by stevieb

I've been indulging a car crazy fetish lately, and I come back to find ... a NEW RLT?! I'd love to see what you hvae in store, sir. I don't yet have an RLT and would love to add one to my collection. I'll sell some off to make room, even.

Darn, now I have to log in daily ... and I just bought a Tesla Gtech-pro RR for my car. :sigh:

I'd like to see something based on the Automatic Tonneau - RLT23 but perhaps in gold with a black face and some bright red batons...! :thumbup:

Incidentally if there's one of these on the go, I'd be happy to fork out a few quid !

(the RLT23, not my crazy idea that is...)

Edited by victor4620

• 2 weeks later...

Some work is going on to create a birthday watch for me which may be a preproduction first go.It is based on a RLT 69 case with auto movement and Roy is working on a dial based on light silver/white iwc pilot or hamilton mil./depends on what he can source.

tom