• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Larry from Calgary

Hamilton Electric Early 500 Movement Trip Wires

Feenix, I think the snag is that the only guys with enough knowledge to source these just don't have the time to try finding someone who can do what is required - me? I've never even seen one in real life, so I wouldn't know where to start. :nono: Off the top of my head - here's the obvious things

First off - what's the guage of wire, then what's the composition of the material. Does it need to be bi-metallic? Does it need to be non-ferrous? what length is it (or they - are the two different? :eek: ) Was the original in metric or AWG or SWG? and what size and shape are the silver cones at the ends? What's the material these are made of? How are they attaached to the end of the wires, soldered, friction fit? If soldered would the composition of the solder affect operation? How much "spring" is there needed in the finished item? Packaging - used in pairs, so two at a time would be logical.

And that's just from observation of pictures, I'm pretty sure Paul or Stan or Rene could come up with things on top of that I couldn't begin to think of :yes: Reverse engineering something that you've only got a few of that may not be viable is a nightmare, :wallbash: I've done it at work :D

Edited by mel

Hello:

As a new member I am not permitted (so it seems) to view profiles and contact other members with private messages so please forgive me for making this post merely to contact other members. I am interested in contacting two members: Silver Hawk and Pin Pallet. Their previous posts on the subject of Hamilton Electrics suggests that we may have some mutual interests. If these two members would be so kind as to send me an Email message at: caburnett1(Ampersand sign)comcast(Period)net I will immediately contact them by return message. I have adjusted my address to avoid the spam folks so please make the appropriate adjustments when send me a reply.

Thanks