• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Indy_D

Miniature "E" Clips

First post, and I have a question. Where in the world can I find E clips on the internet in the small size for a Chrono push button? The E clip would have to be on the order of .5mm on the inside diameter. Thanks in advance! Dennis

First post, and I have a question. Where in the world can I find E clips on the internet in the small size for a Chrono push button? The E clip would have to be on the order of .5mm on the inside diameter. Thanks in advance! Dennis

Dennis.

You can get them from Cousins UK Watch Material House. Try searching on their part number C12026.

They are Swiss made by Eufor.ch. There is either a graded assortment of 5 different sizes (120 pieces),

.... or you can buy them separately in refill tubes of 24.

The smallest size comes under Cousins p/n C12026A ....

which is described as Wristwatch Pusher C&E Clips Ø1.5mm - that being the O.D.

I don't think you'll find anything smaller. :unsure:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

.... or you can buy them separately in refill tubes of 24.

The smallest size comes under Cousins p/n C12026A ....

which is described as Wristwatch Pusher C&E Clips Ø1.5mm - that being the O.D. ....

Which is what I now use, myself, to replace any bent, weak (or errant) pusher circlips on my Seiko 7A38's. :smartass:

They're a little tight to fit - obviously being new - but otherwise almost a direct replacement.

And also rather cheaper (for a tube of 24x C12026A @ £3.10) than buying the OEM Seiko circlips from Cousins UK. :rolleyes:

Cousins stock those separately under p/n's (SEI)81400669 and (SEI)81400683 - charging £3.00 each for the latter !!

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

Wow! You guys are fast with the help. I looked at Cousin's and the assortment is just what I need. I am across the pond in the States so I will have to set up an account and see if they will ship. Cousin's looks to be a great source for material, more so than any supplier I have dealt with here in the US. Thanks, Dennis

Wow! You guys are fast with the help. I looked at Cousin's and the assortment is just what I need. I am across the pond in the States so I will have to set up an account and see if they will ship. Cousin's looks to be a great source for material, more so than any supplier I have dealt with here in the US. Thanks, Dennis

Dennis,

You can probably order the same assortment (or individual refill tubes) from Jules Borel.

Try quoting Eufor's part number to them: 14035

C12026_CMYK.jpg

I tried at Jules Borel. The clips do not show up in the search. I have an order in progress with them right now. Would be nice to just add the clips to the box! I also deal with Esslingers and they do not have them either.

Found them! Esslinger does have them but are EUFOR 14035 branded with the Esslinger name. Hidden but they are there. Order placed, thanks for all your help.

Found them! Esslinger does have them but are EUFOR 14035 branded with the Esslinger name.

So indeed they do: 80_054.jpg

Hidden but they are there. Order placed, thanks for all your help.

And pretty well hidden, too - in a 6 page section of 'Assorted Watch Parts'. :rolleyes:

Don't anybody ever complain about navigating Cousins UK website - not till you've tried Esslinger's first !! :rofl:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

Esslinger has been pretty good for me on most things like crystals, movements, hands, tools etc. The thing I like about them is I place an order online and Esslinger has it boxed up and ready to ship within one hour. Then I have it shipped by US Postal Service, which is the cheapest, and the order is in my hands in 2 days. Now that is fast! They do ship internationally too.

Esslinger has been pretty good for me on most things like crystals, movements, hands, tools etc. The thing I like about them is I place an order online and Esslinger has it boxed up and ready to ship within one hour. Then I have it shipped by US Postal Service, which is the cheapest, and the order is in my hands in 2 days. Now that is fast! They do ship internationally too.

Each to their own. I'd never even heard of Esslinger's until you mentioned them. :blush:

I have (with some considerable success), ordered obsolete Seiko 7A38 parts from Jules Borel in the past.

But more recently, they haven't been able to come up with the few parts which I've enquired about.

Plus they have a $50 minimum order value.

So nowadays, I use Cousins UK - particularly for 'consumables' like crystals and gaskets.

You can place an order online; it will even sometimes be picked same day, and delivered the next. :)

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

I guess you can't beat local merchants. The international distance adds time and money. But if price is no object anything from anywhere can be had overnight. Love FedEx!

I guess you can't beat local merchants. The international distance adds time and money.

But if price is no object anything from anywhere can be had overnight. Love FedEx!

So do UK Customs. :angry: - usually another week on the transit time and 15% tax (plus clearance charges).

Another sub-conscious reason I stopped using Jules Borel (they were sending my orders by USPS).

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

I guess you can't beat local merchants. The international distance adds time and money.

But if price is no object anything from anywhere can be had overnight. Love FedEx!

So do UK Customs. :angry: - usually another week on the transit time and 15% tax (plus clearance charges).

Another sub-conscious reason I stopped using Jules Borel (they were sending my orders by USPS)

Bummer! I order from Hong Kong on occasion and the process takes about 10 days. The Hong Kong merchant ships by Registered Hong Kong Post then the USPS takes over on this end. No problem with customs or import taxes.