• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Guest levon2807

Thinking Of Purchasing My First Tag Heuer

Guest levon2807

Hi all,

I've fancied a Tag for a while and have found the following watch up for sale...before I go and view it could any one tell me what model of Tag this is, what it's worth and whether it's a good watch overall?

A153.jpg

It's an early nineties Tag F1 Chrono, quartz movement. I have one myself. They seem to fetch circa £300 on ebay at the moment. Are quite small by modern standards but a good little watch. If you fancy a Tag Carrera Tachy send me a PM.

The old Tag F1 Quartz chrono (which this is)has a much better movement in it than the new F1 Quartz chrono........ :thumbsup:

Edited by Dusty

Guest levon2807

The old Tag F1 Quartz chrono (which this is)has a much better movement in it than the new F1 Quartz chrono........ :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies chaps, I'm going to go along, get a feel for it etc. It looks a little garish but that might just be the pic...

Hi mate.

Have you seen the tag 2000 classic on sales forum.

Lovely automatic for just a bit more cash.IMO

Happy Hunting.

Colin

Edited by cgs

Guest levon2807

Hi mate.

Happy Hunting.

Colin

Hi Colin,

I have had a good few ganders at it - lovely watch :wub: - as I say I think I'll go and handle this F1 chrono and then take it from there...I don't know if I will like the colouring until I can see it in the flesh

Hi mate.

Happy Hunting.

Colin

Hi Colin,

I have had a good few ganders at it - lovely watch :wub: - as I say I think I'll go and handle this F1 chrono and then take it from there...I don't know if I will like the colouring until I can see it in the flesh

Good Luck

Colin

I would suggest getting an automatic Tag Heuer if you can afford to, the parts for some of their quartz movements are starting to be obsolete even after a fairly short time,

I've not worn a quartz watch for years. Looking at getting a Tag Heuer Aquaracer 43mm day date chrono at the moment with the Valjoux 7750 movement

happy hunting

Make sure you check the bezel turns crisply and anti-clockwise only, it's a notorious weak spot on these.