• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Agent orange

This Will Divide Opinions

Not too sure what to make of this myself if I'm honest. Part of me thinks it's as cool as, the other is horrified. It does looks like a quality bit of PVD'ing though I must say.

9585b1e661a2d0b438f5360d3c9c5bf9-4.jpg

9585b1e661a2d0b438f5360d3c9c5bf9-7.jpg

9585b1e661a2d0b438f5360d3c9c5bf9-3.jpg

9585b1e661a2d0b438f5360d3c9c5bf92ee.jpg

9585b1e661a2d0b438f5360d3c9c5bf9-1.jpg

On the bay as we speak, if anyone's interested and feeling flush.

Cheers,

Gary

Just googled it and this one comes from HKONG, starting bid is $908.00usd....

I like the stealth looks and if I were independently wealthy, I'd buy it for its novelty. :lookaround:

... the PVD will make it seem bigger, eek! LOL

Are you sure about that mate? I think PVD makes watches look small, a bit like a chubby lass wearing black. Same goes for black cars too now I think about it.

Cheers,

Gary

I think it looks cool... it is a shame that the crown and pushers weren't done. You bidding on it Gary??

Not unless it can be mine for £1.89 which is the content of my pocket at the mo mate :(

Cheers,

Gary

That looks fairly nice (barring the fact it is a less common vintage watch), other than the crown and pushers. Deep scratches would look quite bad on the black, but you probably wouldn't go rock climbing with it anyway.:wink:

Later,

William

Wonderful, awful.

Awfully wonderful.

Wonderfully awful.

Can't decide.

[edit]$900 with 4 days to go!

Edited by Loddonite

I think it looks cool... it is a shame that the crown and pushers weren't done. You bidding on it Gary??

Not unless it can be mine for £1.89 which is the content of my pocket at the mo mate :(

Cheers,

Gary

For £1.89 you could maybe get a tin of matt black spray paint from Halfords - would do me! :lol:

I've one black watch - fake PVD (well, I'm a well known cheapskate) - and I've worn it on and off for a few months, still not sure if I like black on anything, never mind an "Omigod How Much?" :nono:

Are you sure about that mate? I think PVD makes watches look small, a bit like a chubby lass wearing black. Same goes for black cars too now I think about it.

Cheers,

Gary

Hmmm, I handt thought this prevoiusly, but maybe it depends on your skin tone? Im quite light and the silvery tones seem to blend in better perhaps? If I was tall dark and handsome it might be different? :D

Cheers,

Gary

Hmmm, I handt thought this prevoiusly, but maybe it depends on your skin tone? Im quite light and the silvery tones seem to blend in better perhaps? If I was tall dark and handsome it might be different? :D

Well it would great on me then!!! :wink2:

Im not sure......

Im a huge fan of the original and would love to get one, this I dont know...It looks great and if you didnt know the original then it might be different .....

It's wrong as it's a rarer piece. I know it can be removed and refinished, but it's a shame someone has done it.

Edited by jeffvader

I'm with jasonm, the 125 is a grail for me, but I'm not horrified by this version, I was expecting something truly hideous, but it's not!

I like the crown and pushers as they match the bezel ring, the reason for that is that the watch has an innner case that holds the movement and outer case which has the bracelet attached.

There have been a couple of PVD coated MKII Speedmasters that have looked really good.

Best regards,

Defender :astro:.

Wonderful, awful.

Awfully wonderful.

Wonderfully awful.

Can't decide.

[edit]$900 with 4 days to go!

My thoughts exactly, part of me thinks it's hideous but the black does look good with that dial.