• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tissot Tissonic

ong

I've got these two with ESA 9162 movements. I don't know production numbers but suspect they were a passing item with Tissot.

There were many marques that used the ESA movement and they were pretty much alike and just used their own case and dial and maybe a little finishing which is what ebauches (as in ESA) means, a movement in the rough.

270847289.jpg

273538288.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. Being a Bank hol and being at home rather than work, I removed the caseback on mine and yes, it has the ESA9162 movement, so my earlier post was in error, sorry. Mine is like Watcnutz's first pic and dates from 1976. I recall this year being 16 yrs old at the time and quartz watches were coming in as were the LED ones ( Sinclair included) so can imagine Tissot

had competition !

Thats whetted my curiosity so may get googling and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again

Ong

Very 70's design. I love it. Quite large also.

I have a square one that needs a new crystal. Does anyone know where to get one? Cousins doesn't have it. BTW, are the case the same for case number 40.800 and 47.800? Any other models that use the same crystal?

I'm a big fan of the round-dialled ones. Very wearable and very discreet.

I agree, often wear mine to work under shirt cuff and the Steel Tissot bracelet keeps the watch exactly positioned, which is more than I can say for my workmates TAGs that seem to wave around all over the place...

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...