• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Ventura V-tec Alpha

rhaythorne

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a quartz, just saying from a gadget point of view.

But how do you really really know what time it is without a Casio eek.gif

I have just had another look at the Ventura's heart.gif Rich'a Alpha model and strap combination is IMO the best looker on the site, the diamond model lose the purity of design.

How are the straps attached?. Surely not in a conventional fashion huh.gif

I want one sad.gif

Edited by MarkF

tongue.gif ...yep id sure buy one of those devil watches if the price was right, I do like the cool looking design and that scroll wheel !.......fantastic! , I do like some quartz and that be one of them , not in the same league but also pushing my pleasure buttons was the "Nixon Metal Dork" watch which also had a design style of its own , I had to buy one but sold it on later because I was too scared of scratching it ... sad.gif ..love the idea of that armeggeden coating

That is exactly why I sold my Tag and SMP to buy one.

Hells Bells Roy - you must rate it then, I can't imagine ever selling an SMP to get one. eek.gif

Unless it was a quartz SMP ph34r.gif

I only know two people with a Ventura, everyone has a SMP.

It get more looks and comments than any other watch I have ever had.

If it had cost more then a Rolex or Breitling then I would still have bought one, worth every penny.

People just love it , except leighton. laugh.gif

It get more looks and comments than any other watch I have ever had.

Almost agree. There has been one other watch I owned in the past that really draw a hell of attention. Never experienced this again with any other watch. And - JEHOVA! - it was a quartz, too... biggrin.gif:D

user posted image

Everyone asked for the "thing in the middle". wink.gif

... and I thought I'd make it easy for you by posting a picture where the watch lays on the manual... biggrin.gif

Of course it's not a fuse. It's an antenna. This baby was the world's first three zone radio controlled watch which worked with our german DCF77 atomic time sender as well as the senders that are used in Japan and UK. The watch was introduced in 1992, the price was around EUR 500 AFAIR. There were two other versions, one silver/gold bicoloured and a gold coloured version.

I was a poor student in that time and couldn't afford it. When I searched for one years later (it wasn't available in stores anymore by then) I had to learn that you had to pay almost the original list price for a piece in mind condition. Nowadays it's almost impossible to get one anymore.

My preferred answert to the question about that thing in the middle was "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you"... biggrin.gif