• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Bonklip Strap

Drum2000

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few links posted here recently seem to be truncated, is this because they're using a certain browser or something?

I think it's probably a visual presentation issue: Wherever the OP was copying the link from, it was probably already visually presented in abbreviated form. The OP copied and pasted the text as presented (not the underlying shortcut or link) and so what we got here was non-functional.

It's a very easy error to make as a lot of forum software visually abbreviates links in this fashion as does Google's search results.

Edited by Markrlondon

Quite a few links posted here recently seem to be truncated, is this because they're using a certain browser or something?

I think it's probably a visual presentation issue: Wherever the OP was copying the link from, it was probably already visually presented in abbreviated form. The OP copied and pasted the text as presented (not the underlying shortcut or link) and so what we got here was non-functional.

It's a very easy error to make as a lot of forum software visually abbreviates links in this fashion as does Google's search results.

Thanks for correcting the link Mark. By the way, what's an OP when it's at home?

• 3 years later...

First post

Hi to fellow members,

I have a Bonklip watch strap in 9ct gold (I assume) as it has 9c on the back of the link that the strap slides through and 9ct with a dash under the T on the back of the fastening clip but no hallmarks?

I have done some research and the various sites say the straps were made in stainless steel, rolled gold and 9ct but the 9ct (does have London Hallmarks)

Would any Bonklip enthusiasts shed any light if Bonklip did not in fact hallmark all there straps? And is there a way of dating the strap I have looked on the web but no luck.

Thanking you,

bloody terrible things thank gawd for the nato strap.

only the two issues with the article - the army ain't royal, that'd be the navy and the airforce & secondly metal straps at high temps also burn the flesh and stick into the bargain.

see there i go moaning again :lol: and its the weekend an' everything...

First post

Hi to fellow members,

I have a Bonklip watch strap in 9ct gold (I assume) as it has 9c on the back of the link that the strap slides through and 9ct with a dash under the T on the back of the fastening clip but no hallmarks?

I have done some research and the various sites say the straps were made in stainless steel, rolled gold and 9ct but the 9ct (does have London Hallmarks)

Would any Bonklip enthusiasts shed any light if Bonklip did not in fact hallmark all there straps? And is there a way of dating the strap I have looked on the web but no luck.

Thanking you,

R.D.T wants photos,

mach with 25570 posts,

Rotundas 4465 and still no reply to a new guy? about his Bonklip

Possible reasons you have not received an answer are that we don`t know or someone who does hasn`t seen this thread.Good natured banter is a feature of this form, you can - join in, accept, tolerate, ignore it or go elsewhere :wink2:

well that lets me off the hook then - almost 5000 posts in about 5 years and still not very knowledgeable.

can i assume RDT was meant to be Roger ?

and by the way I have no technical knowledge of these straps - just a mild aversion - there now a bit closer to 5000 :victory:

well that lets me off the hook then - almost 5000 posts in about 5 years and still not very knowledgeable.

mach 0.0013137

35 Jewel

av-601.jpg

25,575 posts

Joined 10-January 05

Founder member of the.... "No Really, I Haven`t A Clue, Club"

Completely unaffiliated with any other club for people who claim to know nothing!

(New members always welcome)

I`m still way less knowledgeable then you des :P