• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
elster

Moonphase Watches

Oh, I woke up and did a little searching on Sea-Gull ... they are one of teh movement suppliers to Stuhrling ... but much more attractive and "classical." The M199s pictured above is < US$500 from their US web site. There's a exuberant and very happy review of it on the Watchuseek forums (hope that's not sacrilegious mentioning them here), poster saying "folks this is a $1000 watch...."

Here's another pretty one (link is to US site):

20100116021353136.png

11431-1.jpg

This I like, a nice clear display, I don't like things that are too busy.

I can't see me having the cash to buy a Patek at the moment though.

It tests the old eyesight :wheelchair:

...and it's almost impossible to photograph - but it's gorgeous!

2009-10-06WristQD4.jpg

Why moonphase?

Because they can!

Does this mean I could get one made specially?

Sorry I am not very au fait with RLT.

Gevrils which can be had for cheap at Sierra Trading Post (sorry to sound like a shill, but I've been a loyal customer for 10+ years). Nothing as nice as the JLC or the superb RLT, and a quartz, but....

ProductImages_1917C_01_tif_7b340b44ff931855.jpgProductImages_2414X_01_tif_4c690acd9f0b17de.jpg

Hey! I'm not a "Pin pallet" anymore! Yay!

Edited by David Spalding

I must say that this topic shows more beautiful watches than the "Friday Thread"! :man_in_love:

Edited by Vieira

I would say avoid vintage unless you absolutely know they are well seviced and looked after - I have had a couple (including a nice Pierce) but they proved to be very temperamental. Zenith are gorgeous but expensive

With regards to the pointlessness of having a moonphase watch, I agree that watches in general are pretty unnecessary with everyone owning mobile phones but it is all about the looks.

Chrono watches are the same with their many dials that will never be used. When I was recently looking at chronos, the missus said I can have one if I could tell her what all the dials were for and when I would use them - I don't have one yet...