• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
spankone

Being A Mod On A Forum

It's easy to be threatening when you're hidden in cyber space. You'd find 95% of these people aren't so bold face-to-face!

Indeed thats true. but being a local forum where we meet monthly. I feel a temp ban is in order but the other mods dont care. some time being a mod aint worth the cyberspace it's written on

Mods are very nice, hard working, undervalued & devoted people* :notworthy:

& most of them on this forum know where I live :lookaround:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

it's the fishtail parka and all the mirrors that puts me off.

Go Lotus and join this bunch;

http://forums.seloc.org/index.php

Very friendly forum, unless you're a c*ck :hammer:

Or if you go to Corsa or Saxo forum expect more of the same :argue:

it's the fishtail parka and all the mirrors that puts me off.

but they do have cool haircuts and great music :notworthy:

I was never really a Mod but i liked the Jam and had a couple of Vespas and a Lambretta.....

Being in a position of adjudication is always difficult especially if the authority is not respected.

Thats why its nice to have written rules and policies which everyone agrees to fall back on.

Regards steve.

I'm a mod on a local vw.... why do people resort to pysical threats

give as good as you get back ,and if its a local forum then go round where they live and set fire to thier cars and do horrible things to their family .i dont think they will be so aggressive after that.and thats why i will never be a mod im willing to travel to settle threats.

It's easy to be threatening when you're hidden in cyber space. You'd find 95% of these people aren't so bold face-to-face!

What this guy says is true even if he is a little wimp who I could squash in a second :aggressive:

I'm a mod on a local vw.... why do people resort to pysical threats

give as good as you get back ,and if its a local forum then go round where they live and set fire to thier cars and do horrible things to their family .i dont think they will be so aggressive after that.and thats why i will never be a mod im willing to travel to settle threats.

:boxing:

Theory.jpg

InternetToughGuy_2-468x.jpg

great pics

Depending on what's been written and to whom, it may be worth pointing out to this guy that he's committing an offence. Tell him to wind his neck in and that if he doesn't apologise and stop behaving like a petty thug then he'll be banned from the forum and can expect a visit from the Old Bill. Even if the other mods don't want to deal, there's nothing wrong with having the mettle to deal with it yourself.

I did wonder Spankone if you had recently joined The BB forum where I spend far too much of my time.

The reason I ask is, if you did, I feel sure will have noticed that it is very strictly moderated and posts are dealt with at the first sign of them being unacceptable.

The point I am trying to make is, that if a forum clearly informs members and potential members, what is considered acceptable or not, then there can be little arguement over any consequences - normally a 'yellow card' warning and the thread locked in the first instance or an instant 'red card' ban and the offending thread deleted.

Once banned, an ex-member is normally unable to contact anyone to hurl abuse.

I sense a similar positive approach here which is why I enjoy it so much.

Chris:)

chris I am indeed on BB I've just got a mick spain blade blank in the post today.

the oddest thing about all this is that the disagrement is between 2 mods me being one of them and its not the first time its happened. but this time it seems hes being delt with. I just dont understand why people think its ok to bully people online. not every one can switch of from it

I've said it before. The internet is a haven for poseurs and bullsh*tters. It is also an outlet for individuals with issues. Mental and personal. You see it in every Forum, even this one. In society, some of it is curtailed but on the web behind the cloak of anonymity, well...

The Admin and Moderators will start with guidelines of what is considered acceptable for a particular subject and it is up to them to enforce these guidelines. Those who don't like it can play somewhere else.

So, I'll get back to my mansion. My Lambo has just been serviced and I've just purchased a bunch of 1st tiered watches for my collection. I'd like to post pictures, but...

i dont mind the gobby ones its the pc brigade that get on my norks ,the holier than thou people who only spout off to ridicule when you ask a dumb question.they always seem to have an opinion on everything and have to answer every post ,if i were a mod they would be banned.

this forum aint so bad there are some i frequent that you dare post for fear of being slagged off.i must admit to loving a good row though especially with geeks.

My rule of thumb is to speak to people as if you've just met them in the pub face to face. It really does make it hard for them when i'm being so reasonable. :thumbsup:

Your problem is really with the board Admin.

Anyone can and do set up a board. Its the rules of the board that give it its personality.

All of the boards I've been affiliated with over the years have had hard and fast rules. One of which has always been that ANY personal attacks on ANY member will automatically lead to a permanent ban from the board. No flexibility, no variation.

Any type of argument with any of the Mods is looked on even more harshly.

Although hard rules can make the odd member cry at heavy-handed tactics by the moderation team, they are there for the benefit of all members.

Perhaps a PM to the Admin of the board would be of help.

I was threatened with physical violence from a seller on fleabay that was selling copied dvd's but not saying that they weren't the real macoy, he was at me for a couple of weeks for his feedback then left me neutral feedback (this was before the rules changed on fleabay about esllers only being able to leave positive feedback)

so i negged him :thumbsup:

It was great coming home from work and reading what he was going to do to me, he told me "i know where you live", he must be walking with a zimmer frame as he hasn't got here yet :lol: :lol:

I was told that i could report it to the police but i really couldn't be bothered :no2:

John :)