• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What Do You Drive? What Would You Like To Drive?

born t

13 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Me too. Since 2016 ive had a few too mainly old ones. 3 merc cl500s a few merc s class saloons including an s55 amg. A phaeton a few bmws a golf gti for collecting grandfather clocks for me mum. An audi a8 a citroen c6 a jensen interceptor sp in bits with holes and mice. 

I love older cars, prior to the photos and it’s a shame I didn’t get pics back then I had a golf gti and many many many others, loved the Bmw e36 and older and the older Merc’s Sl, Cls when they first came out, always wanted the cl500 and an Amg...

This little beauty will be up for sale soon, less than 5000 miles, 4.7S Carbon kit FAMSH, not mine sadly father in laws 

27C233FB-6DC7-413D-87EE-727B48EF5DE1.jpeg

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

I love older cars, prior to the photos and it’s a shame I didn’t get pics back then I had a golf gti and many many many others, loved the Bmw e36 and older and the older Merc’s Sl, Cls when they first came out, always wanted the cl500 and an Amg...

The cl500s are bargains but the fuels a killer if you use them all the time. Ive had a few old 928s. Bought an s2 in 2003 for 3 grand and had loads of fun in it. It was nearly 20 yr old then. A bit tatty but stonking performance. Swapped it for a tidy s4 and didnt like it as much. Had an old e24 635 csi years ago. Just have an old e90 330i at the mo and really enjoy it. 

It spends most its time on single track roads in north wales where i live. This time of year they are full of mud. It would be a shame to have something to posh again. Its a case of dodge farmer giles on his tractor. 

Just now, Nigelp said:

The cl500s are bargains but the fuels a killer if you use them all the time. Ive had a few old 928s. Bought an s2 in 2003 for 3 grand and had loads of fun in it. It was nearly 20 yr old then. A bit tatty but stonking performance. Swapped it for a tidy s4 and didnt like it as much. Had an old e24 635 csi years ago. Just have an old e90 330i at the mo and really enjoy it. 

It spends most its time on single track roads in north wales where i live. This time of year they are full of mud. It would be a shame to have something to posh again. Its a case of dodge farmer giles on his tractor. 

Some nice cars there, wife’s step dad does rallying, they run a 2000 Porsche and an Impreza, frightens life out of me as I thought I could drive, he is on another level. E90 330 nice car, S4 is a tidy car, always fancied a RS4 or 6

6 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Mine's up for sale, £3,299 doesn't buy a 300BHP V8 very often.  My wife won't drive it though

20200906_125622.jpg

I’d seen it before on the bay when you mentioned it, sadly current spare funds went on a watch, nice car, is the wife against the shape, size, power or just not fussed

2 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

I’d seen it before on the bay when you mentioned it, sadly current spare funds went on a watch, nice car, is the wife against the shape, size, power or just not fussed

Just too big for her.  She is a poor driver.  She once borrowed my ford focus, and reversed it into my other car.  :(

24 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Just too big for her.  She is a poor driver.  She once borrowed my ford focus, and reversed it into my other car.  :(

I can’t comment on anyone’s driving, I once wrote off someone’s Kit Car with my number plate 

3 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Mine's up for sale, £3,299 doesn't buy a 300BHP V8 very often.  My wife won't drive it though

20200906_125622.jpg

I managed to sell all mine the same day in 2018 at about 4 grand each. They all went to london. One via Leeds and TZ. Cracking car for so little money. We will regret letting them go when we are 60 and they are 25 grand. They will out strip the common or garden r129SL which looks dead on its feet these days. 

• Like 1

17 cars in 6 years - wow. I'm just about to get my rear arches sorted, last done in 2016, on my '02 BMW coupe and then have it transported out here to Spain and put on Spanish plates. The car was the last I bought in 2007 and that has saved me a few quid over the years.

My wife's car is 6 years old, maybe as you get older you lose the urge to have the latest model.

At least this is a car thread so won't upset anyone :)

17 minutes ago, Iceblue said:

Must admit I’m a-bit partial to a Audi this was my daily runner up until resonantly 

1C1686C8-8F67-4879-BDC7-97F3D17D9604.jpeg

5087A5BA-203F-4CD0-8A22-16DE51CD8915.jpeg

456D6066-4F5F-4926-B5A2-062AEE32DD0D.jpeg

then went old school and bought a mk2 golf gti but I’ve sold that also 

Nice and dipping into the sub 4k a bargain now. 

On 03/10/2020 at 20:24, wrenny1969 said:

17 cars in 6 years - wow. I'm just about to get my rear arches sorted, last done in 2016, on my '02 BMW coupe and then have it transported out here to Spain and put on Spanish plates. The car was the last I bought in 2007 and that has saved me a few quid over the years.

My wife's car is 6 years old, maybe as you get older you lose the urge to have the latest model.

At least this is a car thread so won't upset anyone :)

My farther in law who has the Aston Martin, his daily driver is a 2003 BMW E46 coupe 

On 03/10/2020 at 14:27, Nick Parr 1977 said:

In the same period from 2014 I’ve had 17 cars, I sense I have a problem more with cars than watches 

Your neighbours probably just assume you're a car dealer :laughing2dw:

At this point I would normally be uploading a pic of my beloved Porsche (any excuse! :tongue:), but Flickr appears to be unavailable at the moment :(

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Your neighbours probably just assume you're a car dealer :laughing2dw:

At this point I would normally be uploading a pic of my beloved Porsche (any excuse! :tongue:), but Flickr appears to be unavailable at the moment :(

They did at one point, also I was listed on police intelligence for a while, luckily I had a few friends on the force at the time who updated them, crazy 

Out of curiosity how much is the Aston ??? They are cheap just now it might be something for someone to tuck away for a few years they have surely got to the bottom now and can only pick up in prices. If only I had kept some of the cars I’ve had over the years I’d be worth a few bob.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

To be fair I’ll be sticking with my E46 for a while

49916554667_790f4dba66_b.jpg

2019-08-31_07-32-32

Personally I think they were the last of the Beemers before they went a bit cartoonish in the looks department.

:)

31 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Out of curiosity how much is the Aston ??? They are cheap just now it might be something for someone to tuck away for a few years they have surely got to the bottom now and can only pick up in prices. If only I had kept some of the cars I’ve had over the years I’d be worth a few bob.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

To be fair I’ll be sticking with my E46 for a while

49916554667_790f4dba66_b.jpg

2019-08-31_07-32-32

Personally I think they were the last of the Beemers before they went a bit cartoonish in the looks department.

:)

That’s a very clean BMW always my favourite shape, I had the e46 M3 cab, miss and would have another 

I've had this sitting unloved in the garage for the last 10 years or so......(put away after a brake problem and not touched since)

yhmtQpI.jpg

This is the 'work horse' (seen here at Castle Combe:cool:)

3ZzfzaY.jpg

And this is my every day run about......(surprisingly good fun to drive, and its 'ULEZ' friendly:wink:)

rq0LndT.jpg

1 minute ago, John_D said:

I've had this sitting unloved in the garage for the last 10 years or so......(put away after a brake problem and not touched since)

yhmtQpI.jpg

This is the 'work horse' (seen here at Castle Combe:cool:)

3ZzfzaY.jpg

And this is my every day run about......(surprisingly good fun to drive, and its 'ULEZ' friendly:wink:)

rq0LndT.jpg

First 2 great looking cars, I reserve comment on the Nissan although funky