• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What Do You Drive? What Would You Like To Drive?

12 minutes ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

First 2 great looking cars, I reserve comment on the Nissan although funky

It's a 'Marmite thing' Nick, though what's not to like, has all mod-cons like power steering, ABS and aircon. It's nippy acceleration wise,  with a top speed of about 110mph, goes round corners like a go-kart, and returns 40+mpg:cool: (and it's small enough to park almost anywhere)

My last Company car was a Seat Leon Cupra R, just like this one:-

Y9lTfuw.jpg now that was fun to drive, most fun that I've had in a car with my trousers on :thumbsup:.

Edited by John_D
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone already knows what I drive now, but here's a new pic of "Rodney" after being freshly washed on Sunday, and looking awesome:  

Old Skool for me  

Bond, one thing my old job taught me is that it`s pointless continuing some conversations, so I`m leaving this one and in future I intend to refrain from engaging in any discusions with you unless req

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, John_D said:

It's a 'Marmite thing' Nick, though what's not to like, has all mod-cons like power steering, ABS and aircon. It's nippy acceleration wise,  with a top speed of about 110mph, goes round corners like a go-kart, and returns 40+mpg:cool: (and it's small enough to park almost anywhere)

My last Company car was a Seat Leon Cupra R, just like this one:-

Y9lTfuw.jpg now that was fun to drive, most fun that I've had in a car with my trousers on :thumbsup:.

All true and good point

On 09/10/2020 at 20:14, Nick Parr 1977 said:

That’s a very clean BMW always my favourite shape, I had the e46 M3 cab, miss and would have another 

Took a while to find a decent one there were lots of rusty buckets and a lot were automatic, it’s only a 325 but it’s a manual and an older one at that, wouldn’t have minded an M3 but it would have dug into my fun in the sun retirement fund and in the end I wasn’t sure it was worth the extra coin. I gave up trying to lose my license years ago.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I drive a BMW 316D Sport Auto like the one pictured, it's a good solid car although the "sport" is a bit of a misnomer, it refers more to the trim than performance I think. Although it does accelerate pretty quickly in Sport mode, more than enough for British roads. It has the same 2.0 litre diesel as the 320d but it has been detuned to 114bhp (the 320d is 181bhp). It's on a 62 plate with 55k on the clock, never let me down although I have had to start replacing a few parts like the front shocks. 

YmRmOTMzZTY0Zjc2Yzg4NDBkMjRjM2Y0NDRjZmJi

Have had a Mercedes GLE for a few years now, it’s very nice to drive and quick enough for a 2 tonne motor. But it isn’t as comfortable on long trips as my old XC90 Volvo. Probably sell up next year when I retire as I don’t really need a motor where we live. Mrs T will keep her car as she can’t retire yet!! :laughing2dw:

530161-FC-55-A3-42-F5-8-FD6-77990297-DCD

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Unimog.

BG_U_MogHome_1.jpg

Now if I get a lottery win, I’m having that!  :thumbsup:

Still would like one of these; Citroen Mehari .

1-18-720x540.jpg

Same ultra reliable power unit as the 2CV. Down side is a chassis and upper bodywork frame that if not looked after, is prone to rot. Lovely and a lazy thing to drive.

Or maybe a FIAT 500 Ferves Ranger. :hmmm9uh:

fiat-500-ferves-ranger-03.jpg

21 hours ago, Biker said:

Nah just a regular one to hold up the farm traffic...

https://tuktukuk.com/gallery/

198cc 

https://tuktukuk.com/buy-a-tuk-tuk

16 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Maybe if I was driving but as a passenger possibly one of the more scary things I’ve done.

I know someone who bought a Piaggio Ape, and drove it home from Italy. Oh and it's 50cc, and cost around £7K.

AETV81513601_1.jpg

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

https://tuktukuk.com/gallery/

198cc 

https://tuktukuk.com/buy-a-tuk-tuk

I know someone who bought a Piaggio Ape, and drove it home from Italy. Oh and it's 50cc, and cost around £7K.

AETV81513601_1.jpg

Crashed in Italy, we ended up in a field. Another totally dangerous place to drive, three hour lunches every day quaffing the cheap local fizz and the bloke who was driving, Pepe, only had one eye.

:huh:

Am I allowed to answer the original question from what feels like years ago? :-)

I currently drive a 2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux 2-litre petrol, but I’ve advertised it on Auto Trader because I now no longer need to do long journeys - ever - so I am opting for the plug-in hybrid route since 90% of my journeys are 8 miles or less, so I should be able to do the round trip on battery alone. 
I have made an offer on a 2017 BMW X5 xDrive40e, but it is totally dependent on me selling the Discovery Sport!

On 27/10/2020 at 17:39, WRENCH said:

Still would like one of these; Citroen Mehari .

1-18-720x540.jpg

Same ultra reliable power unit as the 2CV. Down side is a chassis and upper bodywork frame that if not looked after, is prone to rot. Lovely and a lazy thing to drive.

Or maybe a FIAT 500 Ferves Ranger. :hmmm9uh:

fiat-500-ferves-ranger-03.jpg

Kubelwagen/Thing/Type 181? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_181

Vw_181_v_sst.jpg

5 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Or a VW Bombadier.

3d863bf586c9a03a820c2a2716a53d2c.jpg

Was trying to put my finger on what this is earlier as I'd not heard it called the Bombardier (reading tells me was built under licence). I know it as the Iltis! A more modern version of the Type 181/2 (aptly called the Typ 183). Water cooled 4-pot but still very much in touch with its roots in the interior

21 minutes ago, al_kaholik said:

Was trying to put my finger on what this is earlier as I'd not heard it called the Bombardier (reading tells me was built under licence). I know it as the Iltis! A more modern version of the Type 181/2 (aptly called the Typ 183). Water cooled 4-pot but still very much in touch with its roots in the interior

Another good one is the Auto Union Munga. It has a 3 cylinder 2-stroke motor. 

Auto_Union_Munga_-_Front_(2008-06-14).jp

These things were/are incredibly good off road.