• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What Do You Drive? What Would You Like To Drive?

On 31/10/2020 at 17:40, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

Am I allowed to answer the original question from what feels like years ago? :-)

I currently drive a 2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE Lux 2-litre petrol, but I’ve advertised it on Auto Trader because I now no longer need to do long journeys - ever - so I am opting for the plug-in hybrid route since 90% of my journeys are 8 miles or less, so I should be able to do the round trip on battery alone. 
I have made an offer on a 2017 BMW X5 xDrive40e, but it is totally dependent on me selling the Discovery Sport!

Still driving a diesel BMW 3 series but I am seriously thinking of a pre-owned plug-in hybrid 3 Series. Like you most of my journeys are less than 8 miles but I do need an internal combustion engine as I also do round trips of 500 mile or more (or at least I did before lockdown).

My problem is living in London in an apartment I don't have a domestic charge capability, I would have to rely on charge stations in my high street and haven't worked out of this is viable yet, although I tend to get up early and could charge the car up while I go for a walk 

I would rather keep my diesel but it looks like the tide of change is against it :(

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone already knows what I drive now, but here's a new pic of "Rodney" after being freshly washed on Sunday, and looking awesome:  

Old Skool for me  

I've got a chauffeur these days

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, JoT said:

Still driving a diesel BMW 3 series but I am seriously thinking of a pre-owned plug-in hybrid 3 Series. Like you most of my journeys are less than 8 miles but I do need an internal combustion engine as I also do round trips of 500 mile or more (or at least I did before lockdown).

My problem is living in London in an apartment I don't have a domestic charge capability, I would have to rely on charge stations in my high street and haven't worked out of this is viable yet, although I tend to get up early and could charge the car up while I go for a walk 

I would rather keep my diesel but it looks like the tide of change is against it :(

HAH, I am just about to put my S3 BMW diesel on the market.  I think the tide of change is still a ways off as it still takes a larger carbon footprint to build and run an electric car for 15 years than it does a regular car for the same time frame.

As renewable power sources proliferate this will, of course change, but not in the next decade, despite what Greta dictates.

2 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

Just collected my new car mini clubman IMG_20210112_124348.thumb.jpg.f0089e5abdd7fc57b03edbbb8206e4fd.jpg :clap:

I like that colour.  :thumbsup:  Did you need to get it modded for your legs?

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Biker said:

I like that colour.  :thumbsup:  Did you need to get it modded for your legs?

Yes it has a push pull hand control fitted , basically pull up to accelerate and push to brake , very easy to use , more info can be found here 

https://www.jeffgosling.co.uk/products/hand-controls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jag XF currently for me, I tend to alternate between Jag and Merc. The better half has a Nismo Juke RS, and only got that as her dad lives with us and couldn't get into her Z4. She has now decided when his dementia makes him unable to get into the Juke she is getting a Vantage....looking forward to that one!!!

Oh, I also have my wee putput....a Vmax.

I drive a 09 Honda CRV 2.2ctvi surprisingly capable and comfortable, intelligent 4WD (which on the only occasion it has come on almost spun me round) been to France in it several times in the 6 years we have had it, 5 up and all our gear.

I also have and ride occasionally a Honda VFR 800Fi brand new in 1998, and waiting to start a refurb on a Honda (do you see a theme here) CB250n Superdream, which wont happen anytime soon. (thinking of exchanging these for an adventure style bike....)

What would I like..... for a regular daily drive I would love to be able to afford a Range Rover - the higher driving position and the luxury would be lovely and for a weekend drive a Porsche 911SE 1980's vintage. Both out of my reach, unless I sold the kids (there's 3 of them so offers welcome...) or less drastically won the lottery!!!!

Currently an A6 Avant, 2011. 150bhp diesel . Drives great, solid well built car. Too long though.  No intention to change for another year or two. Next car will be smaller in size with an automatic gearbox, android Bluetooth entertainment, stylish and sporty enough and possibly petrol. Possibly an A3/4 or merc A class , BM 1series etc. , Money/ age/ circumstance dependant. I despise SUV'S , look too much like a tall car to me. Electric hasn't even entered my thoughts yet, there's simply no infrastructure to support it and make it a convenient and feasible option for many years yet. 

I'm still currently driving and enjoying the Boxster, but I think this year I'll be changing it for a Porsche Cayman.  I've done the convertible thing now, and I've got to say it is truly epic, but the Cayman is probably the best looking car on the road - at any price - so I reckon I've got to have one.

5 hours ago, Davey P said:

I'm still currently driving and enjoying the Boxster, but I think this year I'll be changing it for a Porsche Cayman.  I've done the convertible thing now, and I've got to say it is truly epic, but the Cayman is probably the best looking car on the road - at any price - so I reckon I've got to have one.

The handling of the Boxster is fantastic and the Cayman is even a shade IMO better but I don't know if its better than getting the lid down given the chance! 

My next one will be a convertible but I'll be sticking with the back seat variety for a long while yet! (kids....)