• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What Do You Drive? What Would You Like To Drive?

born t

5 minutes ago, Biker said:

unless he has a hovercraft full of eels??

Стара балканска пословица при куповини неисправног аутомобила из Кине

45 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Стара балканска пословица при куповини неисправног аутомобила из Кине

I believe you are in receipt of the Russian Covid vaccine, with no ill effects :doctor:

• Haha 2

Well, the wait is over, and yesterday I had this bad boy delivered:

20210311_165753

Porsche Cayman 2.7 with manual 6 speed 'box.  Pretty much perfect condition inside and out, and drives beautifully.  Easily the best (and most expensive!) car I've ever owned, or am ever likely to own.

Here's a gratuitous rear view:

20210311_163819

Yep, it looks brilliant from any angle :laugh:

To say I am chuffed would be an understatement :yahoo:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Davey P said:

20210311_165753

Porsche Cayman 2.7 with manual 6 speed 'box.  Pretty much perfect condition inside and out, and drives beautifully.  Easily the best (and most expensive!) car I've ever owned, or am ever likely to own.

20210311_163819

'S'alright, I s'pose.....Bugger! Gif

Seriously, Dave, well done, mate and I hope you enjoy driving it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

20210311_165753

20210311_163819

The car looks good from any angle too !

3 hours ago, Davey P said:

20210311_165753

20210311_163819

Nice one mate, pleased for you, enjoy.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Been enjoying my New acquisition that has kept me busy for the last few weeks I have just imported it from. Kansas  , 1938 Ford with 32000 miles from new sat in a barn for 55 years 

had a gentle recommissioning and its first wash since the late fifties , runs and drives great and still on cable brakes  it’s an original one old lady owner believe it or not  

210FAC22-4BAE-4A6E-9704-7D7045891570.jpeg

DB6F55FF-BAA6-4067-A41C-71501ABCB6F9.jpeg

0958DD91-643E-435E-ADFE-590871CE2F5D.jpeg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Hotbulb said:

Been enjoying my New acquisition that has kept me busy for the last few weeks I have just imported it from. Kansas  , 1938 Ford with 32000 miles from new sat in a barn for 55 years 

had a gentle recommissioning and its first wash since the late fifties , runs and drives great and still on cable brakes  it’s an original one old lady owner believe it or not  

210FAC22-4BAE-4A6E-9704-7D7045891570.jpeg

DB6F55FF-BAA6-4067-A41C-71501ABCB6F9.jpeg

0958DD91-643E-435E-ADFE-590871CE2F5D.jpeg

What's the long term plans ?

Love this "Derelict" thing, makes a lot of sense for everyday use.

• Like 1

long term plans are to leave it as it I’m not going to repaint they are only original once , there is no rust anywhere it’s super solid , the engine will be “ hopped up” ie retain the flathead v8 but add some speed parts , heads ,carbs, cam , it already has a split exhaust system , I will update the brakes to 39 hydraulic and have got all the parts to do a period conversion I bought while it was in the states 

it will be used and abused in all weathers and going to drive the sh#t out of it 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Currently in a Jag X-Type (a Jaguar Mondeo, if you will), bought last year just because I always fancied one.  That's booked in for a service soon and once it's done I fancy flipping it for something a bit quicker.  The second gen 4.2 XK8 was my target but I'm told I need a car I'm able to seat my children in the back of... goodness knows why, the 710 has a perfectly serviceable "boring" car. 

I have put in a few bids on some Audi TT's this week, so that will probably be run as a second car. If those fall through then I'm eyeing a Nissan 350Z (or 370Z if my wife gives me my credit card back).   Like with watches, I go through phases. They can get quite expensive, but I do try to limit myself to stuff that has basically already done all its depreciating. :laugh:

1 hour ago, kevkojak said:

Currently in a Jag X-Type (a Jaguar Mondeo, if you will), bought last year just because I always fancied one. 

Me too, not a bad car for pocket money but nooooo not an Audi TT, personally I have too much self respect.

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2021 at 08:40, Davey P said:

20210311_165753

20210311_163819

Well done Mr P and like your watches you still didn't buy an automatic! Enjoy with good health my friend!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Biker said:

but nooooo not an Audi TT, personally I have too much self respect.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I had one, surprisingly quick and handled well, fwd 190hp in a fairly light car a bit more than just a Golf in Tarts clothes, the early ones have been creeping up in price recently just a shame the engines are made out of toffee. 

@kevkojak

Mine was a 55 plate last of the MK1's, seized due to oil starvation, apparently a fairly common problem, some forums recommend not buying one with a few miles on it without having the sump taken off and a thorough clean, flush and replacement of the oil pick up and internal filter. 

There's a pretty good TT buyers guide in the latest issue of Classic Cars, absolutely no question that a well looked after example can of go one way now.  The front wheel drive doesn't massively appeal, I think it'd need to be the awd model. 

£3-£5 grand snags a fsh model,  hardly any with under 100,000 miles on them though.  I'm hunting, see what pops its head up, happy enough to have a prod under the bonnet and upgrade the brakes and suspension, I'm not touching bodywork though, it's a seriously thankless task that. :teethsmile:

There's a pretty good TT buyers guide in the latest issue of Classic Cars, absolutely no question that a well looked after example can of go one way now.  The front wheel drive doesn't massively appeal, I think it'd need to be the awd model. 
£3-£5 grand snags a fsh model,  hardly any with under 100,000 miles on them though.  I'm hunting, see what pops its head up, happy enough to have a prod under the bonnet and upgrade the brakes and suspension, I'm not touching bodywork though, it's a seriously thankless task that. :teethsmile:
This is my Mk1 Quattro Roadster.

It was the baseball leather seats that sold it.
87a35496a1b5dd44c152952b9bd8797b.jpgd6591fcf7a325b4b16f045ebdc2f414e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Craftycockney said:

I have just driven back from Swindon picking this up.

Screenshot_20210324-201112_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-201116_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-201121_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-201129_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-201125_eBay.jpg

It's the colour of the interior that swayed me. Reminds of the colours Bugatti or Bentley would use and I think it works well with the Met Blue.

I guess it would be to everyone's taste...

Yep, I like that, I was sniffing around those before I bought the X-type.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biker said:

Yep, I like that, I was sniffing around those before I bought the X-type.

And what a drive home it was I found this in the morning. I remember hitting it as I had no choice it ran out in front of me while I was doing 60 mph but realise it was jammed in my bumper till this morning!

IMG-20210325-WA0003.jpeg

20210325_100648.jpg

• Sad 1