Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Raptor

What Do You Drive?

Recommended Posts

I have an 1995 BMW E34 535i I've just started restoring and a 1998 BMW E36 328i with a few modifications to make it a little pokier :laugh:

A0h8v35m.jpg

3H7A0UWm.jpg

MH5vcuGm.jpg

I do my best to buck the BMW driver stereotype, I even use my indicator stalk..! :tongue:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had this now for 2.5 years and still really enjoy driving it. 

large.Screenshot_20191020-043427_Instagram.jpg.f398a4e64e7db8f6439ad3626f3de25d.jpg

1.0 litre, 3 cylinder turbo and even cleaner than @mach 0.0013137 Matiz at 108 g/km of carbon dioxide emissions versus the Daewoo's 160 g/km. :thumbsup:

Oh and £20 tax. Boom!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 plate Toyota Auris 1.6 D4 Diesel. If you can believe the info from the Computer.........

shr_897.jpg

This was travelling from Glenshee Ski Center to Blairgowrie. A twisty road, nearly resurfaced with a 20mph limit. A bit sceptical myself but who knows.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hayballs said:

16 plate Toyota Auris 1.6 D4 Diesel. If you can believe the info from the Computer.........

shr_897.jpg

This was travelling from Glenshee Ski Center to Blairgowrie. A twisty road, nearly resurfaced with a 20mph limit. A bit sceptical myself but who knows.....

Has it been tarred and chipped ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A late 2012 BMW 316D Sports Auto (F30) - I don't do many miles, only just gone over the 40,000 mark 

Solid, economical, comfortable, uninspiring - although this Sport's version has various different settings which firm up the suspension and change the auto gear ratios (or something like that). In normal (comfort) mode it is quite a soft ride, a bit too soft for my liking.

Can't complain it has been a good car

I keep thinking about changing it but second hand values for diesels are rubbish at present

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drive a 2006 BMW 520d (E60) with 106,000 miles on the clock. I love it, it's still a great drive. Sure it is getting a bit long in the tooth, but it still gobbles up motorway and A-road miles. Pretty steady 45 mpg.

My thoughts are starting to turn to a replacement, but can't decide between F10 or G30 models. Anyone got any pointers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Jensen Interceptor mk111 breinz blue with black hide and black everflex, 7.2 litre and J series sheepskin inserts it should manage 10mpg and will create its own hole in the ozone layer before im dead which is fine by me.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2019 at 17:41, WRENCH said:

Has it been tarred and chipped ?

Yes, my previous post should have read...... newly tarred and chipped 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update from my post on page 11 (June 2015).

In that post I still had an 2005 Alfa 156 diesel (great to drive - when it worked - but unreliable) & had just bought a 2001 Ford Focus. Well the Alfa finally sold for £450 I think instead of the £200 that WeBuyAnyCar offered me & the Focus went last year after 2 or 3 years uneventful & extremely reliable motoring. it went in part-ex against a 2007 Suzuki Swift Sport. This has proved to be reliable (bar a couple of problems with the egr valve but that was easily sorted) & great fun to drive. Despite it being a small 3 door hatchback it's been surprisingly practical & I've managed to find a pretty rare roof rack for it which has increased the practicality. The biggest thing I've manged to transport in it is a Welsh dresser. Fortunately this was in 2 pieces so the (slightly) smaller lower half went in the car with the back seats down & the front seats moved as far forward as I could get them & still be able to drive, whilst the other half went on the roof rack. It wasn't the most comfortable of drives home but fortunately I didn't have far to go & the dresser does look good. I've also managed to cram a desk, which was surplus to requirements at work, in there too. No car is perfect & the downsides to this one are that Suzuki have blessed it with gearing so low (to improve the acceleration presumably) so that it's doing nearly 4000rpm at the national speed limit, it's not exactly quiet at those speeds either & it's got the firmest suspension I've ever experienced on a standard/unmodified car. A long distance cruiser it isn't but I do like it a lot though :) 

 NPj1sPm.jpg

In the June 2015 post I also mentioned that the Reliant SS1 was in need of brake repairs. I completed this ages ago & the car is mobile once more & still fun to drive - no plans to sell it anytime soon :) 

gRKWggM.jpg

:) 

     

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking, that seeing I have been car free for so long, when the day comes that I need something to get to the shop, I'll get one of these.

11449125.jpg

no depreciation or hi-tech worries, tax, mot. Cheap insurance, fast enough for urban traffic, everything you need to keep them running for not much money. My mate runs an Ulster regularly, like this one.

800px-Austin_Seven_Ulster_at_Castle_Hedi

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I was thinking, that seeing I have been car free for so long, when the day comes that I need something to get to the shop, I'll get one of these.

11449125.jpg

no depreciation or hi-tech worries, tax, mot. Cheap insurance, fast enough for urban traffic, everything you need to keep them running for not much money. My mate runs an Ulster regularly, like this one.

800px-Austin_Seven_Ulster_at_Castle_Hedi

 

Great for the summer...perhaps not so good during the winter...especially up there. Brrrrrr!large_Cold.gif.bd384f0503372fee11f1734d48e1d9ab.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just changed to a Beemer 530d on a 66 plate. First impressions are excellent!    :thumbs_up:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/10/2019 at 04:45, lewjamben said:

I've had this now for 2.5 years and still really enjoy driving it. 

large.Screenshot_20191020-043427_Instagram.jpg.f398a4e64e7db8f6439ad3626f3de25d.jpg

1.0 litre, 3 cylinder turbo and even cleaner than @mach 0.0013137 Matiz at 108 g/km of carbon dioxide emissions versus the Daewoo's 160 g/km. :thumbsup:

Oh and £20 tax. Boom!

Toyota auris hybrid 1.8 for me. 99 g/km carbon & £0 tax!:teethsmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Great for the summer...perhaps not so good during the winter...especially up there. Brrrrrr!large_Cold.gif.bd384f0503372fee11f1734d48e1d9ab.gif

Remember @Roger the Dodger I'm used to two wheels only all year. :laughing2dw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2019 at 19:04, Craftycockney said:

Toyota auris hybrid 1.8 for me. 99 g/km carbon & £0 tax!:teethsmile:

Boom! I actually work at the factory where your car was made. 

Edited by lewjamben
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:51, Boots said:

I have just changed to a Beemer 530d on a 66 plate. First impressions are excellent!    :thumbs_up:

Me too! A 64 plate M-Sport with all the trimmings and it’s an absolutely fantastic motor in every respect. Just toying with the idea of a stage 2 remap and squeezing 340BHP out of it but not sure if it’ll be too much of a tyre shredder :laughing2dw:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...