• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Chaps,

I've got the back off a Seiko 7T32-7E50 chrono to replace the battery (Sony SR927SW) and found the gasket is miles too big and was consequently squished and not reusable.

Looking on the cousins site I have to admit to being boggled by the gaskets.

Can someone tell me where I should be looking for a gasket for this. The thread inside the caseback is 31mm so I'm guessing this is the size I should use for the gasket but whats with all the other numbers on the website?

Should it be O ring or Flat

I just want a 31mm gasket :lookaround:

Thanks for your help (as usual)

Ian

I've got the back off a Seiko 7T32-7E50 chrono to replace the battery ....

The thread inside the caseback is 31mm so I'm guessing this ....

Close, but no cigar, Ian. :smoke:

The Seiko case-back gasket part number for a 7T32-7E50 is FH3080B0A ....

Which signifies that it's a flat hard rubber gasket with an inside diameter of 30.8mm.

You may be in luck. Checked Cousins' website, and they recognise the p/n - and only 2 Quid for a pack of 2 ! :)

If they don't have them in stock, I'd suggest Cousins' own brand flat rubber gaskets. :wink:

Their direct equivalent part number would be 30803220C (30.80 x 32.20mm Flat Rubber Cousins Gaskets) ....

But as these are soft rubber, and have a tendency to stretch slightly, as you tighten down the case-back ....

I'd consider dropping a size or two, and maybe try p/n 30703170C (30.7mm i.d.) or 30503230C (30.5mm i.d.). :smartass:

Either way, you can't go far wrong, because Cousins' flat gaskets are even cheaper - a mere 77p a pack of 3 ! :thumbsup:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

I've got the back off a Seiko 7T32-7E50 chrono to replace the battery ....

The thread inside the caseback is 31mm so I'm guessing this ....

Close, but no cigar, Ian. :smoke:

The Seiko case-back gasket part number for a 7T32-7E50 is FH3080B0A ....

Which signifies that it's a flat hard rubber gasket with an inside diameter of 30.8mm.

You may be in luck. Checked Cousins' website, and they recognise the p/n - and only 2 Quid for a pack of 2 ! :)

If they don't have them in stock, I'd suggest Cousins' own brand flat rubber gaskets. :wink:

Their direct equivalent part number would be 30803220C (30.80 x 32.20mm Flat Rubber Cousins Gaskets) ....

But as these are soft rubber, and have a tendency to stretch slightly, as you tighten down the case-back ....

I'd consider dropping a size or two, and maybe try p/n 30703170C (30.7mm i.d.) or 30503230C (30.5mm i.d.). :smartass:

Either way, you can't go far wrong, because Cousins' flat gaskets are even cheaper - a mere 77p a pack of 3 ! :thumbsup:

Brilliant. Thanks Seiko7A38Fan. Bits duly ordered and fingers crossed.

I've got the back off a Seiko 7T32-7E50 ....

Ian.

For your future (spare part numbers) reference: http://service.seiko.com.au/pls/seiko/f?p=104:20:3956336892209144

Type 7T32 in the [Calibre] field, and 7E50 in the [Case No] field and press the 'Search' button.

Then, click on the 'View' (Detail) button, for whichever version your watch is (Dark Blue or Dark Red dial face) ....

SDWC39P1.GIFSDWC39P1 SDWC41P1.GIFSDWC41P1

Each 'bill of material' lists 45+ lines of part number information, across 3 pages for your particular 7T32. :wink:

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan

Thank you sir, duly filed for future reference ;)

Actually, while you are here Seiko7A38Fan I have another quick question.

The bracelet is in good nick but quite scratched. Can it be cleaned with a cape cod? Is it (and the case) supposed to be matt finish or is this just full of somebodys dermatological cast off? :(

Actually, while you are here Seiko7A38Fan I have another quick question.

The bracelet is in good nick but quite scratched. Can it be cleaned with a cape cod?

Is it (and the case) supposed to be matt finish or is this just full of somebodys dermatological cast off? :(

We all have our own personal preferences, on how to re-finish stainless watch cases and bracelets. :lookaround:

Plenty of threads in this section (and other references elsewhere). :wink:

This is the most recent, though I didn't contribute to it: http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55516

I've found that it very much depends on the severity of the scuffing, how I approach it.

Maybe start with 400 or 600 Wet & Dry paper, to get rid of the deepest graunches ....

Mask any polished or gold-plated sections, and then 're-brush' using Dark Red Scotch-brite ....

Or if it's restricted to a few light marks, in a small area, I'll just use one of those Fibreglass 'scratching' pens.

We all have our own personal preferences, on how to re-finish stainless watch cases and bracelets. :lookaround:

Plenty of threads in this section (and other references elsewhere). :wink:

This is the most recent, though I didn't contribute to it: http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55516

Here's a post I made on the subject of re-finishing bracelets in another thread (where I got side-tracked) :rolleyes: ....

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51683&view=findpost&p=547166

Edited by SEIKO7A38Fan