• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Guest Om_nom_nom_Watches!

Post Your Seiko 5S

Oooh, I bet 2nd from the left must be pretty rare!

Not sure how I missed this thread :huh:

Anyway here`s my Roy L.Taylor improved `5` :rltb:

Seiko/RLT SKZ211, cal.7S36, 23 Jewels (made in April 2005)

SeikoRLTSKZ211cal7S3623Jewelsmadein.jpg

So close. :unsure: Nice dial and case, just needs hands that are a bit less Seikoish. :wink:

Later,

William

So close. :unsure: Nice dial and case, just needs hands that are a bit less Seikoish. :wink:

Later,

William

I`m going to ignore that comment William in case I start seeing what you mean :schmoll: :lol:

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, but thought I'd start off with something a little more constructive than the usual, hi my name is bla bla...

Here's my only 5 (at the moment) a 6619-7990 from February 1965, I hope you enjoy it.

Has a couple of scratches on the crystal that need addressing but I'm really pleased with it as it keeps great time.

seiko6619003.jpg

seiko6619002.jpg

Some nice watches on here, I hope this collecting doesn't get too expensive ;)

I've got lots of questions for later.

Richard

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, but thought I'd start off with something a little more constructive than the usual, hi my name is bla bla...

Here's my only 5 (at the moment) a 6619-7990 from February 1965, I hope you enjoy it.

Has a couple of scratches on the crystal that need addressing but I'm really pleased with it as it keeps great time.

seiko6619003.jpg

seiko6619002.jpg

Some nice watches on here, I hope this collecting doesn't get too expensive ;)

I've got lots of questions for later.

Richard

Oh it will, you can be sure of that :yes:

Nice `5` BTW & welcome to the forum :rltb:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Hey Richard, I expect that one will be worth quite a lot one day, seeing as how nobody is allowed to put 'waterproof' on watches any more!

i like this a lot where do i find one

After getting the 007, someone suggested a dress watch... so to another watchmaker and he had this...

a 7009 from er.... Dec 1985?

DSCN2465.JPG

Hey Richard, I expect that one will be worth quite a lot one day, seeing as how nobody is allowed to put 'waterproof' on watches any more!

I had no idea about the 'waterproof' thing, good to know anyway.

Well it didn't take me long, I've already added another 5 to my collection, should be here next week. I'll post up some pics when it arrives and will also post up pics of non 5 seiko's I have in the other picture thread.

I'm after some advice on watch servicing (ideally I'd like to do this myself in the future), is the best place to ask the tinkerer's corner section?

Cheers,

Richard

is the best place to ask the tinkerer's corner section?

If it's specifically about servicing a 5, then probably best to ask here in this thread ...as it seems to get a lot of views. :victory:

Not a Seiko 5 (or is it?) but could do with some info?, it's a SKZ205 titanium according to the box/manuals.40th Anniversary apparantly.

sl380005w.jpg

Edited by Veracocha

Not a Seiko 5 (or is it?)

[He-man voice]

'...the day I held aloft my magic Photoshop and said "By the power of Greyskull!!!"...'

[/He-man voice]

2iut1xs.jpg

Not a Seiko 5 (or is it?)

[He-man voice]

'...the day I held aloft my magic Photoshop and said "By the power of Greyskull!!!"...'

[/He-man voice]

[

An indicator as to what I know about watches; however, is it up to much?

Not a Seiko 5 (or is it?) but could do with some info?, it's a SKZ205 titanium according to the box/manuals.40th Anniversary apparantly.

sl380005w.jpg

I'm pretty sure there were two 40th anniversary Seiko 5's released at different times - I'm not sure what it was the 40th anniversary of but I don't see how the Seiko 5 can have two 40th anniversaries! Anyway the first version (an example of which I used to own) was stainless steel (without a carbon fibre dial) while the second release (an example of which you own) was titanium (which has a carbon fibre dial) - I'm 99% certain that both these models were limited editions. If so there should be a number on the back saying what number (from the limited run) your watch is.

In my opinion it's a great watch - build quality should be good & the movement should be reliable. It'll probably be the 7S36 (or similar) which is a basic auto only movement - no hand-winding or hacking facility - but they're known to be very reliable & decent timekeepers. Because it's a limited edition (I think) it may well go up in value & will be collectible from day one just about.

Nice watch - I've no idea why I sold my stainless steel one - enjoy the watch & wear it in good health :thumbup:

Edited by pauluspaolo

I'm pretty sure there were two 40th anniversary Seiko 5's released at different times - I'm not sure what it was the 40th anniversary of but I don't see how the Seiko 5 can have two 40th anniversaries! Anyway the first version (an example of which I used to own) was stainless steel (without a carbon fibre dial) while the second release (an example of which you own) was titanium (which has a carbon fibre dial) - I'm 99% certain that both these models were limited editions. If so there should be a number on the back saying what number (from the limited run) your watch is.

In my opinion it's a great watch - build quality should be good & the movement should be reliable. It'll probably be the 7S36 (or similar) which is a basic auto only movement - no hand-winding or hacking facility - but they're known to be very reliable & decent timekeepers. Because it's a limited edition (I think) it may well go up in value & will be collectible from day one just about.

Nice watch - I've no idea why I sold my stainless steel one - enjoy the watch & wear it in good health :thumbup:

Thanks for the information, you know your stuff. It's no 981 of 2500. Apparantly it's the 40th Anniversary of the diver Seiko 5, it is the 7S36 movement, and increased value is a bonus considering I got it for £100. Thanks again.

Thanks for the information, you know your stuff. It's no 981 of 2500. Apparantly it's the 40th Anniversary of the diver Seiko 5, it is the 7S36 movement, and increased value is a bonus considering I got it for £100. Thanks again.

£100 is a bargain :blink:!! I don't see how these watches can do anything other than go up in value; there are only a limited number of watches to go round an ever increasing number of Seiko collectors so demand is sure to outstrip supply eventually (if it hasn't done so already). The last stainless steel 40th anniversary I saw for sale (ages ago) went for £250ish I think!

I'll give you £150 for yours (joke!) - congrats great 1st purchase :thumbup:

Not allowed to post live auctions but if you go on Ebay & look up "Seiko limited edition" you'll find one like yours on a Buy It Now for £760 with one offer already made :blink: :blink: :blink: If you ask me that's just plain ridiculous! If someone's willing to pay that though .....................!!

Congrats again you've made an excellent purchase :thumbup:

My contribution to this most excellent thread , incognito "5"

Img1758.jpg=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Keithhilliar/media/Img1758.jpg.html]Img1758.jpg

After a protracted struggle with the code off photobucket :censored: I hope you think it was worthwhile.

regards

beach bum

Edited by beach bum