• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
levon2807

Lets Have Some G-Shock Love

Nice DW-6900, assume it's a Jamin' colours?

Here is one of my latest G-Shock arrivals, a Men in Navy and Khaki Gulfman.

Totally failed to attach and image so the pics can be found here.

You need to upload the pictures to an internet host, such as Photobucket. Use the "Insert Image" button to link to that location. Have a look at this thread: Postting photos .

Later,

William

Edited by William_Wilson

Here is one of my latest G-Shock arrivals, a Men in Navy and Khaki Gulfman.

Totally failed to attach and image so the pics can be found here.

You need to upload the pictures to an internet host, such as Photobucket. Use the "Insert Image" button to link to that location. Have a look at this thread: Postting photos .

Later,

William

William, thanks for the advice. Was trying to post a picture attached elsewhere, this had caused the issue.

Anyhow spent the few minutes needed to upload the picture somewhere else again...et voila!

IMG_2026_edited-1.jpg

Guest Om_nom_nom_Watches!

It started life as a simple 6900 in the usual black with red writing ...and then I ordered an urban camo replacement bezel and strap to turn it into something resembling the limited edition DW-6900 MC7.

Liking your original Gulfman by the way. I don't think I'd seen one before you posted that pic. The tide and moon phase graph look bigger and clearer than on the more recent models (I think).

It started life as a simple 6900 in the usual black with red writing ...and then I ordered an urban camo replacement bezel and strap to turn it into something resembling the limited edition DW-6900 MC7.

Liking your original Gulfman by the way. I don't think I'd seen one before you posted that pic. The tide and moon phase graph look bigger and clearer than on the more recent models (I think).

Nice mod :D

First of the original Gulfman series I've owned. Prefer it to the newer (but vanilla) G-9100 I own, this week at least.

Here's today's new arrival

215923_154955021235157_147657808631545_350276_981986_n.jpg

bluemaybe.jpg

I wonder if that's what Pollyanna Woodward always wears on the Gadget Show.....Sigh!!!!

(Not the watch, you fools....Pollyanna! or should it be Suzi.......or both!)

Edit: I feel a new thread coming on here.....OK guys...down to the playground!

Edited by Roger the Dodger

I have to admit, Casio's never really interested me until recently ... I've always preferred the classic Seiko styling from the early 80's but I have to admit the GW-M5600-1ER sorta floats my boat, not overly bulky and atomic too ... kinda tempting for a rough and ready beater :)

I have to admit, Casio's never really interested me until recently ... I've always preferred the classic Seiko styling from the early 80's but I have to admit the GW-M5600-1ER sorta floats my boat, not overly bulky and atomic too ... kinda tempting for a rough and ready beater :)

The GW-M5600-1ER is a modern classic imho. In a way it takes the essential DNA from the original DW-5000/DW-5200/DW-5600 series and updates it for the 21st century. It's basic, cheap and functional whilst adding the modern benefits of tough solar and waveceptor.

The GW-M5600-1ER ... It's basic, cheap and functional whilst adding the modern benefits of tough solar and waveceptor.

You know I was browsing ebay and thinking just the same thing the other day.

I ended up splashing out and getting the GW-5000-1JF DLC Screw back, which is basically the same watch with a softer strap and stainless steel case and screwback ...but if I was a regular watch-buyer rather than a G-shock enthusiast then I would probably have bought a GW-M5600-1ER, because as you imply it's a damn good value for the money.

I'd looked at the GW-5000-1JF DLC too, it was tempting but have ordered the GW-M5600-1ER as a "safer" cost option to see if I like the styling ... it'll be my first Casio G-Shock :D

I saw someone on youtube with the GW-M5600BC-1ER and black braclet instead of the resin strap ... now that was tasty !

I'd looked at the GW-5000-1JF DLC too, it was tempting but have ordered the GW-M5600-1ER as a "safer" cost option to see if I like the styling ... it'll be my first Casio G-Shock :D

I saw someone on youtube with the GW-M5600BC-1ER and black braclet instead of the resin strap ... now that was tasty !

Ive got the GW-M5600-1ER and youve made a great choice there I think, I love mine :) not too ott with the styling or too big, it has all the best features and just looks right!

Dave

The GW-5000-1JF DLC has become my 'bedtime watch'. It's so comfortable to wear that I can put it on before I go to sleep and not feel bothered by it while I rest.

It's always down to luck whether the notches in Casio straps fall in your favour or not. Sometimes you get a watch/strap combination where one notch is a tiny bit too tight and the next one is a tiny bit loose, but in this case I can leave four notches showing away from the case body and it's just perfect. This means that it doesn't constrain my wrist while I'm typing or carrying stuff, but it doesn't slip around either.

I can wear it to bed then take it off in the morning and see no red mark and hardly any skin impression at all from the watch or strap. I simply can't imagine a more comfortable timepiece.

It's not a watch that you'd wear to impress though. To the uninitiated it looks like a cheap every-day digital watch, which is handy if you're travelling and you don't want to attract the wrong sort of attention.

Today though I am going to be hanging out in a safe part of town, so it's on with the urban camo DW6900 and urban camo trousers. ...Ladies love urban camo. :naughty:

2zswnc0.png

:whistle:

Cracking collection. Black is dull, think you have it about right. Is that a MIRO Gulfman?

thanks im happy with the coulourful ones but i do enjoy the stealth look too.it is a miro gulfman .

IMAG0043.jpg

Cracking collection. Black is dull, think you have it about right. Is that a MIRO Gulfman?

thanks im happy with the coulourful ones but i do enjoy the stealth look too.it is a miro gulfman .

Great pic of the miro :thumbup:

I was half kidding about the black, most of mine are black. Stealth is good, as is colour.

Was it coincidence that I posted that very same pic in another section of this forum just moments before you posted it here? ...Or did I inspire you instantly to rush out your house and buy that model? :)

Was it coincidence that I posted that very same pic in another section of this forum just moments before you posted it here? ...Or did I inspire you instantly to rush out your house and buy that model? :)

Not really, I actually got the watch last Thursday. If you fancy reading through any of my other posts you'll see I was trying to get some help on a camera purchase, which I got and am awaiting delivery. Hence no photos of my own.

Ill post a pic with my 2MP Blackberry Camera later for "proof" - just for you

You inspired me more than anything else. Ive got quite a few G Shocks but never felt the desire to post about them. You however saved me some time googling images.

If im not mistaken though thats not YOUR pic.

This is the 2nd time today someone has moaned for me using a pic thats not even theres...

Can we just be friends :friends: xx

This is the 2nd time today someone has moaned for me using a pic thats not even theres...

If you read my post again carefully, you'll see that I wasn't moaning. I was simply asking a question. Anyway no problems.