• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
MasterMark

Help/Suggestions For New Dress Watch For Small Wrists!

Hey Guys and Girls,

I’m in the market for a new watch, and was hoping for some suggestions! The difficulty I have is that I have very slim wrists, so can’t really do anything more than a 38mm case (max), and not too chunky either. 36mm would prob be perfect, but I know overall my choices are limited.

A couple of possibles I’ve seen are the Baume & Mercier Classima Executive (which at 38.5mm and £1,500 is at my limit of both size and price) and the Oris Artelier Date or Complication which are done in both 40mm and 35mm for about £800/£1,000. I know B&M uses ETAs as the base, Oris too? Longines seem to have some attractive looking pieces too.

If anyone has any ideas in that price/size/style (i.e. classic, dressy) range, I’d love to hear them! I know the B&M will lose value immediately, but not such a concern as I’m planning on a watch I’d want to keep, not sell/trade. More than happy to pick something up used (provided it’s from a reputable dealer so I get a guarantee) as well though, but any suggestions would be welcome!

Marc

Stowa Kleine Sekunde? Lovely looking thing and just about to order one......

Nice looking watch, certainly, but not quite my style. Looking for a date function also (didn't realise how much I used it until I was on holiday with a watch without one. Nightmare!). Good shout though rednotdead, good suggestion.

The Nomos Tangente Power Reserve looks wonderful too (albeit I'm not a big small seconds fan). Zenith Class Elite also a stunning watch, but even used is out of my price range I think.

Try http://www.kienzleuhren.de/243.html and see what you think of what they have to offer. Also, have you looked to see what Roy (RLT - the owner of this website) has to offer? Tell him what you are looking for and see what he comes back to you with. Click on the RLT Sales Site at the top left of this page.

Edited by Drum2000

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Andy - agreed, Nomos have some good pieces.

Drum2000 - will def contact Roy, good plan. The link you sent me has some great looking watches as well, Kienzle is not a brand I'm familiar with, but def worth looking into.

Alex - yep, I'm actually already getting a 1930s/40s watch to replace one that was stolen, so I'm looking for a more "modern" one here, but you're right, absolutely loads of old dress watches out there!