• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
spankone

Las Vagas Watch Shopping

any good shops. my honeymoon is getting closer and I've been given some dollars as a wedding prezzy. so my wedding watch has now turned into a honeymoon watch.

any good shops. my honeymoon is getting closer and I've been given some dollars as a wedding prezzy. so my wedding watch has now turned into a honeymoon watch.

I asked a very similar question a couple of weeks ago...my honeymoon is gonna be New York/Vegas split in April next year.

Fortunately, I play quite a bit of poker and have a few US friends on a poker forum I frequent. They have all basically advised the same thing...check the pawn shops! It may seem a bit mercenary, but there are hundreds of people over there who lose the shirt off their back and sell everything that isn't nailed down. You can get a conscience about it - but heck, if you don't snag those bargains, someone else will...

Just about every hotel in Vegas has a Mall inside it - all with a high end jewellers. You will be able to find most brands available to buy new - Hamilton, Breitling and Ulysse Nardin all seem to sell over there for quite a bit less than here, while Omega and Rolex are similar prices.

Check out some US sales sites and compare a few prices before you go, try and narrow your choice down to half a dozen models and see which you can get the best price on once there.

3 excellent watch shops in Vegas:

1) Venetian Grande Canal Shops, just off the piazza/square but can't remember the name! Good range with all the usual mid to high end suspects. Willing to haggle and should offer a discount without much prompting. I got 25% off a Glycine with no trouble at all.

2) Tourneau in The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. Huge shop with a huge (and I mean huge) range. Everything from Casio to JLC. Spent over an hour in here just browsing and they are more than happy to let you try stuff.

3) Smaller shop (can't remember name) just down from Tourneau. Nowhere near as large a range but very friendly and helpful.

As an aside, while you are there you NEED to go and see 'Le Reve' at the Wynn. Awesome show that will blow your mind. Well worth the ticket price.

Guy