• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

Incoming ....... Soon

Excellent, I love the Kontiki.

This one is very retro looking and completely different to the very modern Kontiki Diver that's about at the moment. Looking forward to seeing your pictures, although not as much as I bet your looking forward to seeing the actual watch.

I picked the Super KonTiki Heritage 1973 up today and I am gutted :(

The watch is stunning, just stunning but the bracelet is only suitable for a wrist up to about 7.5 inches :( there's a wet suit extension but that cant be made small enough and in any case it wouldnt look right ..... I can't be bothered to enter into a dialogue with Eterna to see if they have a longer mesh so easy come easy go :lol:

DSC05567.JPG

That is a real shame. It is a beauty.

Sorry JoT. It's funny how there's often a single little thing that can ruin the whole experience. Though I suppose not actually being able to wear the watch is rather more than a little thing.

Having got over the initial shock of the bracelet being so short I have contacted Eterna (not heard back from them yet though) and am looking at alternative bracelet options. The most obvious is a 22mm Omega mesh for which you can buy an extension piece, but I don't want to wear an Eterna with an Omega signed buckle. Change the clasp then?

The Eterna mesh is 22mm at both ends and unfortunately the Omega mesh bracelets all taper down to 20mm so if I swap the clasps there is a 2mm play with the Eterna clasp when on the Omega bracelet but it would be a last resort and I might be able to pack it somehow to stop the play.

Another alternative would be to use the part of the Omega extension that the spring bars fit into and reduce the width of one end of the Eterna mesh to 20mm but the idea of doing this brings me out in a cold sweat :D

So all is not lost .... yet .... and I am still hoping that Eterna come up with something!

.... and the watch has made it onto my wrist courtesy of my old standby a 22mm Banda sharkskin

DSC00211.JPG

I just searched for the watch on the net,

very nice indeed,a real collectors watch,

I can't believe,they restricted who can wear it,

by the bracelet size they supply with it,

good luck with sorting this little problem out,

it looks great on the strap,lets hope Eterna can make the problem go away.

Sam :cheers:

I wasn't aware that needing to try out different bracelet/band options was a "downfall." Sounds like fun. :whistle:

Last night I was searching a bit more on Hirsh high-end bands ... hoo-boy, would love to drop the cash on a Artisanal croc or alligator ... someone else's cash.

That is a real shame. It is a beauty.

Sorry JoT. It's funny how there's often a single little thing that can ruin the whole experience. Though I suppose not actually being able to wear the watch is rather more than a little thing.

Rob you are right I was gutted at first :lol: more composed now and eagerly waiting for Eterna to come back from holiday!

I just searched for the watch on the net, very nice indeed,a real collectors watch, I can't believe,they restricted who can wear it,

by the bracelet size they supply with it, good luck with sorting this little problem out, it looks great on the strap,lets hope Eterna can make the problem go away.

Sam :cheers:

I hope so too Sam, by modern standards the bracelet is short!

DSC00211.JPG

I actually like this better than the mesh... brilliant strap that one!

Well I am a bracelet man but do admit that this strap, which has seen a good number of years service, has always been a good standby!

I wasn't aware that needing to try out different bracelet/band options was a "downfall." Sounds like fun. :whistle:

Dave it is fun, kind of, still a bit pissed that that the mesh is so short though! Check out Banda for exotics, their prices are very competetive.

That looks superb on the wrist :yes:

Hope you get the Bracelet sorted JoT.

Cheers I hope so too

Well done, that looks fantastic i bet it feels good too.

On a side note i have found Eterna customer service very good, once you get to the right person.

I bought my son a PD for his 18th. He didn't like the SS bracelet so i e-mailed them for alternatives, it took a couple of weeks but they came up trumps.

Regards steve

Omega mesh on a unbranded 20mm deployant clasp?

No problem :whistle:

( do I get a hug ? )

ppclasp.jpg

That's a good idea :D :hug:

What's the clasp from?

I actually like this better than the mesh... brilliant strap that one!

I have to concur. The watch looks great on that strap. Nice catch!

On 29/07/2010 at 19:03, JoT said:

Had a phone call yesterday that a watch I was expecting later in the year could be here next week! As far as I am aware the UK only had a quota of two or three :o

Can't wait :)

3 minutes ago, JoT said:

Almost a ten year wait ?

1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

Almost a ten year wait ?

I was going to post how I am still naffed off with having to sell it because the bracelet was so short :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2