• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
DaveOS

New Seiko Diver Has Arrived

Evening all,

Postie delivered my new Seiko SPR043K1 today so I thought I would put a couple of piccies up and share my initial thoughts.

I've always liked divers but don't actually own one. I intend to buy either the SDDS or the Aquatimer next year but this caught my eye on the bay. I have never really considered Seikos but quite a few of you rave about them so I thought I would give it a punt.

Overall, I am impressed with the quality of the watch. The it has a good, weighty feel to it and looks good on the wrist. the ratchet action is nice and smooth, (better than the Breitling Super Ocean I handled a few weeks ago IMHO), although there is a little play in it. It has a nice, simple dial design and I love the quirky offset crown. The Lume is amazing! I can't post a picture of it as I am using my Iphone, but it could light up a cathedral!

If I had to raise any critisisms, it would be the fact that the movement isn't as smooth as my Breitling, and the crystal isn't polarised. Also, the date doesn't 'flip over' at midnight. That said, at under £300 it would be unreasonable to expect any of these things.

Apologies for the crappy pics, I have lost my lead for my camera so have had to use my phone;

608818fd.jpg

47b8ad44.jpg

Obligatory hairy wrist shot, (sorry Rolex Girl)....

404fb0c1.jpg

I'd love to hear any thoughts any of youy have.

Regards,

Dave :)

It is one I like. The dial may be a little busy for some tastes and thats the only critical observation I have. Hardly the kiss of death! Reminds me of Sinn watch faces in a lot of ways. Nice piece from a great company.

RG...don't look @ the 3rd pic!!!............. :swoon:

Tis true. They say we share 98% of our DNA with chimps. I fear I share 99% at least.

Very nice watch....I've just bought a couple of Seiko's and for the money, they're hard to beat. I think £300 for a nice watch like that is good value....looks like a LOT of watch to me :thumbsup:

By the way your pics are still better than mine, I'm just not getting anything good enough to post on here!!!! :shocking:

Stu