• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
James

Basic Fusee Pocket Piece

Came today. Taking pics in the dark here lol. Its an unmarked piece even the dial. But a clean fusee no scratches or wear to the gilt. Even the dust cover is extremely clean. Came to me today fully serviced with a 6 month warranty. Only reason I picked it up was its a sharp piece yet basic. It does have it case maker shown and Chester hallmarks with 13 jewels. Case serial matches the movement serial. Not too shabby for a 120yr old pc. More pics someday sometime perhaps

very very dark pic

IMG_2521.jpg

Edited by James

OK. You know how long this takes lol. I figure if I were at 25min a piece would spend a day or so doing this, why I have not :)

Really though its a real basic piece

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

Blimey.....What a beautifully crisp watch :kewlpics:

Might be a simple movement.....but it sure looks nice to look at!!!! Sort of reminds me of Pamela Anderson :whistle: At 120 years old, I dont want to see her either clothed or undressed :schmoll:

Chester silver.....nice and special too, thanks for sharing the lovely pics :good:

Stu

Thanks for the pics, James....that's a gorgeous piece you've got there..I'm not jealous.....who me?.....nooooo not at all.....didn't even notice it......Nah....wouldn't have it if you gave it away.....Jammy b*gg*r...........Enjoy, James...well done! :good:

Excellent pics of a nice watch.

'Mint condition' is a phrase often used and so is BNIB (brand new in box)

That 120 yr old watch really sets the standard for those terms.

The hallmarks remind me of the condition of uncirculated coins and I suspect that this watch has never been carried and it has been in it's padded case for all of it's life.

That usually means that it was a gift to someone but this one has no insciptions - does it come with any history?

I think for me that is part of the fascination of collecting vintage pieces.

A lovely item and well done for getting it

Chris :)