• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
martinzx

Add Your Latest USSR Editions

And here we are. I'm officially pleased to say the least. It's in great condition, apart from a weird reflection in the domed crystal when viewed at a very acute angle. It looks like condensation... God I hope not. The main thing is that it is in good working order and hasn't been bashed about. It had what was possibly it's original Poljot strap and that wasn't in the best nick. It's now sitting aboard a holding strap until I receive a nice brown Hirsch holed strap from a forum member. Should be tomorrow so more pics wil follow. So in a historic joint co-operation between NATO and the ex-Warsaw Pact, it sits on this blue/yellow NATO that I am going to dedicate to the Ukraine, for no good reason other than the colours.

okeah1.jpg

okeah2.jpg

okeah4.jpg

Trigger that is nice you lucky person. One day I hope to have one. As for the strap, each of us is responsible for our destiny. I’ve had a PM from the president and if anyone asks where is Trigger? next week, I will say Trigger who?

I’ve had some straps in my time but you’re having a Turkish mate. :partytime:

putin_nato.jpg

Thanks folks. Absolutely blown away by this one. I've lusted after one of these for years, on and off. I neglected Russians for a long time until recently and I've been lucky enough to, very quickly, bag the two watches I always coveted the most, The Radio Room and now the Ocean. I still can't quite believe that I got the pair of them for not much more than £300.

It's very much a stop-gap strap Lucky. :D Hopefully tomorrow it will be adorned by a nice Hirsch.

So my ebay bargain arrived - another 3133, this one for the princely sum of £65.50 including postage.

At the price, I was a bit nervous. I needn't have been.

It runs and all functions seem to work. Hopefully the timekeeping will be good. Glass is a little scuffed but may well polish out.

Strap was rubbish though, so swapped it.

On to the pics...

IMG_20140217_193105_zpsr8rcwda0.jpg

IMG_20140217_193154_zpsi0etrz6e.jpg

And here we are. I'm officially pleased to say the least. It's in great condition, apart from a weird reflection in the domed crystal when viewed at a very acute angle. It looks like condensation... God I hope not. The main thing is that it is in good working order and hasn't been bashed about. It had what was possibly it's original Poljot strap and that wasn't in the best nick. It's now sitting aboard a holding strap until I receive a nice brown Hirsch holed strap from a forum member. Should be tomorrow so more pics wil follow. So in a historic joint co-operation between NATO and the ex-Warsaw Pact, it sits on this blue/yellow NATO that I am going to dedicate to the Ukraine, for no good reason other than the colours.

okeah1.jpg

okeah2.jpg

okeah4.jpg

Bootiful, really bootiful :thumbup:

Where did you nab this from Steve because I've been looking out for a while now as I refuse to pay £500+ for a new one :(

okeah1.jpg

okeah2.jpg

okeah4.jpg

Bootiful, really bootiful :thumbup:

Where did you nab this from Steve because I've been looking out for a while now as I refuse to pay £500+ for a new one :(

John, £500 is possibly the cost of an all original but mine is a Poljot made reissue. I think these normally fetch circa £300 to £350.

John, £500 is possibly the cost of an all original but mine is a Poljot made reissue. I think these normally fetch circa £300 to £350.

I think the original, vintage ones go for less. They are usually in worst condition and, although there's the purist thing, the reissues look and are better (mineral crystals, crispier dial, etc). Your's the first reissue from 2004, so it's a bit older and I think you can get one for €400 or so, new. Then there's the MKII reissue, with the pig pushers instead of those bell pushers and (I think) a slight thicker case. It's the same one Draygo has on his black dialled Sturmanskie, he commented on the dimensions regarding the MkI somewhere. These new ones cost around €500.

A couple of years ago, these reissues went for less than €300 (or around that). All the 3133s have almost doubled the price when bought new or on some frenzied ebay auctions but like someone said before, that's not always the case. People who remember how much these used to cost will have a hard time paying more for an used watch than they used to cost new. On the other hand, these watches are becoming rarer, or at least the offerings. There won't be new ones coming out... even Volmax showed that they no longer have stock of 3133 movements or are not willing to pay the asking price of such a thing. They've released a "Cosmos" series not long ago, including some new styled Strelas and those have a quartz movement.

I think the original, vintage ones go for less. They are usually in worst condition and, although there's the purist thing, the reissues look and are better (mineral crystals, crispier dial, etc). Your's the first reissue from 2004, so it's a bit older and I think you can get one for €400 or so, new. Then there's the MKII reissue, with the pig pushers instead of those bell pushers and (I think) a slight thicker case. It's the same one Draygo has on his black dialled Sturmanskie, he commented on the dimensions regarding the MkI somewhere. These new ones cost around €500.

A couple of years ago, these reissues went for less than €300 (or around that). All the 3133s have almost doubled the price when bought new or on some frenzied ebay auctions but like someone said before, that's not always the case. People who remember how much these used to cost will have a hard time paying more for an used watch than they used to cost new. On the other hand, these watches are becoming rarer, or at least the offerings. There won't be new ones coming out... even Volmax showed that they no longer have stock of 3133 movements or are not willing to pay the asking price of such a thing. They've released a "Cosmos" series not long ago, including some new styled Strelas and those have a quartz movement.

Thanks Kutusov, that's good to know and informative.

So, many thanks to John (It'salive) for the Hirsch strap. Here is the Ocean with a more fitting home.

okeah5.jpg

okeah6.jpg

If the strap fits…

Looks good Steve, and glad it's getting used for the purpose it was intended – dressing up a chunky chronograph :thumbup:

I bought it for my Breitling and only wore it about 5 times before flipping it for a whole assortment of different straps. I still haven't fully settled on one :(

I used to wear mine on a similar strap, only it was thinner. I like the colour, not sure about the deep, big holes though...

Okeah_rallye014.jpg