• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Add Your Latest USSR Editions

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not the first on the forum with one of these, but I'm so pleased with it, I'm posting a load of photos. Komandirskie 1965 by wotsch2, on Flickr Komandirskie 1965 by wotsch2, on Flickr

This was one of the first USSR watches I bought, for some insane reason I part exchanged it against another watch... Anyhow I managed to buy the watch back, and after nearly 6months of waiting I recie

Finally found the parts to finish off my 2nd Slava Amphibia. Probably the rarest Amphibia watch out there.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Lampoc said:

Someone did indeed buy it :thumbsup:

Well done. I knew as soon as I'd ordered that K35 something else would come along. It was "good therapy" resisting temptation. (At least that's how I'm trying to convince myself) :yes:

23 hours ago, wotsch said:

Not really a USSR edition, but posting here nevertheless.

Thanks to @Kutusov and the Bay, here's something I've been waiting to get my hands on for a long time:

35502195451_7374678498_z.jpg
Vostok Amphibia 1967 by wotsch2, on Flickr

Much chuffed!

(Not going to be modding this one :wink:)

Cheers,
-wotsch

Glad it went to you!! Wear it in goof health!  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Ahsan rasool said:

i bought a Russian made sekonda watch.its really beautiful.

i love Russian watches but it's hard to get them nowadays.

What ? don't you look at eBay or Meranom ? 1000's of them, new and used.:yes:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So many it's hard to point one, especially if you go with a used soviet one from ebay. They are getting old now and the latter soviet models might not be all that good to withstand the test of time, as the system was colapsing they were using cheaper metals, etc. I say you get a new Vostok Komandirskie or a Vostok Amphibia. Both affordable, both tried and true excellent watches.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PdCXIYy.jpg

Any one able to help me know more about this 3APR please?

The chap who sold it to me said he bought it of a waiter in a Moscow cafe,   

"do you want to buy a watch?".... whispered the waiter.

I would think it's a tourist type thing but 3 APR seem an okay brand?

My one has a Poljot 3105 movement and is an excellent timekeeper.

large.15003930329381565047278.jpg.880d22

3APR = Zaria/Zarja.

https://sekondtime.wordpress.com/watch-brands/zarya-zaria-заря-pensa-watch-factory/

45 minutes ago, Bobby Jones said:

I would think it's a tourist type thing but 3 APR seem an okay brand?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

all bought since Xmas - my 'Strela' (Poljot) is in for a service at the moment and while some parts may have been replaced at services (ie it is not 'original') it is not fake either, so hurrah.

59952721_134867947584451_685262318121621

report here

- I have got more information on 24hr watches in space to add soon (not Raketa unfortunately), but I need to research a bit more about the role of ChasProm, and that might also throw some light on why nearly all the 31695 Sturmanskies have a whitish lume, and 'special' silvery hands, while mine has blued hands (as per specification) and a greenish lume,  The appearance and brightness of the lume on the dial and hands of my watch matche each other, and seems contemporaneous with the age of the watch (ie not very bright any more) so it's definitely not a re-lume.  And the design of the hands (like previous 3133 pilot watches) is more integrated, insofar as the lume starts outside the radius of the second-hand balance - it's more functional than showy.  So I have a feeling ChasProm may have spruced up the design and made the Sturmanskie chrono a bit sleeker for the mass market, but no evidence of that yet.  I have seen people trying to establish rules for what dials / hands etc. could have been allocated to specific years of production, but I don't think the Soviet watch industry was necessarily run like that - IMHO focus was on volume of production (I am guessing to generate income of foreign currency) since they received party awards for export performance (https://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/blog/2018/07/history-russian-watches/). So i am guessing a blip in the supply chain of a particular part, or colour of paint / print, would not stop the production line, I am think there was considerable latitude and creativity employed to keep the watches going out the door in hundreds of thousands.  Of course Vostok have recently been disowning all their 'factory Frankens'.

When I bought my Zim, I bought it because I thought it looked like a UFO - I did not then know that 'UFO' was an actual style of watch - I wish I could date it.

• 4 months later...

Kinda waiting for my 1st

At least I am getting good updates......

Russian Post
Released from Russia
25 September 2019, 07:25 102972, Марушкинское
Arrived at the local distribution center
24 September 2019, 11:48 102975, Марушкинское
Released by custom house
23 September 2019, 17:33 102972, Марушкинское
Handed over to the customs
23 September 2019, 17:32 102972, Марушкинское
Arrived at the customs of Russia
23 September 2019, 16:09 102972, Марушкинское
Arrived at the local distribution center