• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
martinzx

Add Your Latest USSR Editions

hi this one just came to day poljot 31681 25 jewels ltd ed number 123 of 500.46mm .seems very made to me a few ohotos of the watch for you to see.all the best woody77.003-48.jpg004-58.jpg005-61.jpg006-55.jpg007-48.jpg

Very nice Woody, very nice indeed :)

They also do a version of this watch that is a tiny bit bigger with crown guards and a sapphire.

I think the version you have is a lot better value and looks just as good.

Wear in good health.

Sorry I misread your post Woody, I thought you had the 42mm version.

The 45mm version I have seen has crown guards.

I guess we are talking about a Russian watch here, many variants perhaps. :)

I am very happy to add another Poljot 29 Jewels Automatic 2416 to my collection. I have several variants of this model, & IMHO this has to be the most underrated USSR calbers/watches of them all :)

My watch-maker affectionately calls them USSR's Zeniths, a very accurate timepiece indeed, also 20microns gold plate.

Please excuse my thumb print on the rotar.

This is most welcome since my previous experience :)

http://www.thewatchf...pic=69742&st=15

DSC06186.JPGDSC06199.JPG

Here are the reasons I believe it o be underated, Info & picture taken from http://www.ranfft.de...swk&Poljot_2416

1963-

low volume production, exclusively for De Luxe models

option: date hand

detached manual wind

indirectly driven minute

space saving rocker direction inverter (Fig.4)

The self-winding gear is integrated in the movement, instead of attaching it to a manual-wind calibre as usual. Together with other design details, this led to a sensationally thin but still rugged movement at that time; only contemporary movements with micro rotor (e.g. Buren) were thinner.

Poljot_2416-4.jpg

Fig.5 shows the details:

The minute wheel A is not as usual placed in the center, where now only height is needed for seconds pinion and rotor post. Moreover it is driven by the barrel B over an intermediate wheel C, allowing to place it aside the barrel and not partially above.

Depending on the revolution direction of the rotor, the rocker wheels (Fig.4) drive either directly or via intermediate wheel D the ratchet wheel E (click not shown). Over the gear F and an intermediate wheel G the winding energy is transfered to the ratchet wheel H on the barrel B.

So the only purpose of the intermediate wheels C and G is to place train, self-winding assembly, and barrel in one layer without overlapping each other. So a low profile is achieved without concession to stability.

The ratchet wheel on the barrel consists of two gears over each other, coupled to the center section by hook levers. So the barrel can be wound independently by hand over the top gear, and automatically over the lower gear, via intermediate wheel G. This yields a softly operating manual winding, and reduces wear.

family/generations:

2415: -

2414A: minor modifications for date variant

2416: date

Example, year: signature; shock device

ca. 1970: 5942650, 29 Jewels; Poljot

I am very happy to add another Poljot 29 Jewels Automatic 2416 to my collection. I have several variants of this model, & IMHO this has to be the most underrated USSR calbers/watches of them all :)

My watch-maker affectionately calls them USSR's Zeniths, a very accurate timepiece indeed, also 20microns gold plate.

Please excuse my thumb print on the rotar.

This is most welcome since my previous experience :)

http://www.thewatchf...pic=69742&st=15

DSC06186.JPGDSC06199.JPG

Here are the reasons I believe it o be underated, Info & picture taken from http://www.ranfft.de...swk&Poljot_2416

1963-

low volume production, exclusively for De Luxe models

option: date hand

detached manual wind

indirectly driven minute

space saving rocker direction inverter (Fig.4)

The self-winding gear is integrated in the movement, instead of attaching it to a manual-wind calibre as usual. Together with other design details, this led to a sensationally thin but still rugged movement at that time; only contemporary movements with micro rotor (e.g. Buren) were thinner.

Poljot_2416-4.jpg

Fig.5 shows the details:

The minute wheel A is not as usual placed in the center, where now only height is needed for seconds pinion and rotor post. Moreover it is driven by the barrel B over an intermediate wheel C, allowing to place it aside the barrel and not partially above.

Depending on the revolution direction of the rotor, the rocker wheels (Fig.4) drive either directly or via intermediate wheel D the ratchet wheel E (click not shown). Over the gear F and an intermediate wheel G the winding energy is transfered to the ratchet wheel H on the barrel B.

So the only purpose of the intermediate wheels C and G is to place train, self-winding assembly, and barrel in one layer without overlapping each other. So a low profile is achieved without concession to stability.

The ratchet wheel on the barrel consists of two gears over each other, coupled to the center section by hook levers. So the barrel can be wound independently by hand over the top gear, and automatically over the lower gear, via intermediate wheel G. This yields a softly operating manual winding, and reduces wear.

family/generations:

2415: -

2414A: minor modifications for date variant

2416: date

Example, year: signature; shock device

ca. 1970: 5942650, 29 Jewels; Poljot

Nice watch! Congratulations!

Thanks Dazzer, Russ & stdenev for the kind comments

I am very pleased with my purchase & when we get some daylight/sunshine I will post a decent picture, & I also agree Russ one of many underated USSR calibers, but these watches, I really do like, I currently have four :)

Cheers Martin

Thanks Dazzer, Russ & stdenev for the kind comments

I am very pleased with my purchase & when we get some daylight/sunshine I will post a decent picture, & I also agree Russ one of many underated USSR calibers, but these watches, I really do like, I currently have four :)

Cheers Martin

Really Nice! I agree about underrating of these watches. I like it so much! :wub:

Hi Woody it is a late 1970's model, It is the same as the Chaika Stadium I think, looks the same to me, except its Poljot of course, they also made them for the 1980 Moscow Olmpics,

Nice watch, getting harder to find in good condition, I have one but its a dog :)

http://www.ussrtime....ails.pl?id=0849

this one on MG site is listed 1970's

Edited by martinzx

Oh, I had one of those.... mine didn't had the eyelashes though... Martin is right, it's the same thing as the more colourful Chaika Stadium. They are also nicknamed "egg" or "space helmet".

Sun035.jpg

PoljotStadium002.jpg

That one also came with a very cool crown :P

PoljotStadium005.jpg

Oh, I had one of those.... mine didn't had the eyelashes though... Martin is right, it's the same thing as the more colourful Chaika Stadium. They are also nicknamed "egg" or "space helmet".

Nice watches! I like them, quite more moderate than the Chaika Stadium I've got.

4141547368_88c51c9b66_z.jpg?zz=1

Chaika Stadium di AVaurien, su Flickr

Edited by Vaurien

My last USSR addiction: a Chistopol ChK6 - Type 1 :yes:

Born in 1948

6818541018_9657e4bb10_z.jpg

Vostok Kirovskie ChK6 1948 di AVaurien, su Flickr

The Type 1 movement:

6818545014_328dbf14b7_z.jpg

The case is just like a box with a lid coming into the box. The lid should be the back case.

I think it's not waterproof at all, but maybe my cat will not be able to get into the case. :D

6964663461_9136c347ec_z.jpg

I feel attracted by these old rough pieces of tecnology: they are so... old soviet! :russian:

My last USSR addiction: a Chistopol ChK6 - Type 1 :yes:

Born in 1948

6818541018_9657e4bb10_z.jpg

The Type 1 movement:

6818545014_328dbf14b7_z.jpg

The case is just like a box with a lid coming into the box. The lid should be the back case.

I think it's not waterproof at all, but maybe my cat will not be able to get into the case. :D

6964663461_9136c347ec_z.jpg

I feel attracted by these old rough pieces of tecnology: they are so... old soviet! :russian:

I totally agree Anna,and still going strong after all these years,i love the type 1`s. A great addition to your collection.

Best Regards,

Russ.

hi just got this one it looks like 70s but i bet its not? if you know please let me know .all the the best woody77.015-45.jpg013-61.jpg014-57.jpg016-43.jpg020-42.jpg

Hi Woody. I really dig that funky Stadium, man. :afro:

They're about as 70's as you can get i reckon. Mark Gordon has another in his archive which is identical to yours. (item 0170)

I was amazed to learn that one of these was used on a space mission. Check out this cool dude (http://www.netgrafik...acegallery4.jpg)

Vaurien's Chaika is funky too. I bet that one gets a few comments.

all the best

Nick

Nice watches! I like them, quite more moderate than the Chaika Stadium I've got.

4141547368_88c51c9b66_z.jpg?zz=1

Chaika Stadium di AVaurien, su Flickr

That is PROPER green, I love it!

Here is a Raketa red 12, a two-tone Vostok, a Slava & best for last an old Start needing some TLC :)

DSC06561.JPG

They are all nice great watches! Like them :yes:

Thanks Anna, there seems to be less love for the USSR vintages these days :)

The Start dial is in great shape, the crown is the best I have also (i have 3 of these) but some clown has tried a DIY repair on the caliber using superglue, I hope my watchie can repair it. If not i could use it as a donor.

DSC06696.JPGDSC06700.JPG

The Slava has had a manual conversion at some time, seems to happen quite often with this model.

DSC06709.JPG

The Vostok has the lovely 17 Jewel 2409 caliber

DSC06704.JPG

The Red 12, has a 2609 HA caliber, with SU stamped on (Soviet Union)

DSC06711.JPG

Edited by martinzx